Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Dublin 70.3

Options
  • 06-11-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Anyone signing up to a 70.3 elsewhere in Europe next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I had the intention of hitting Mallorca 70.3 as an early season event but I missed the deadline, or I should say I was unaware of the deadline and missed it. Thinking now about switching to the Lisbon international Tri as logistics will be relatively easy for me (company office close by, company hotel right in the exhibition area of Lisbon). While it's not a WTC-branded event it's a full HIM distance race for €170 and the weather should be pleasant without being cripplingly hot on May 2nd - http://www.lisboatriathlon.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

MojoMaker wrote: »
    I had the intention of hitting Mallorca 70.3 as an early season event but I missed the deadline, or I should say I was unaware of the deadline and missed it. Thinking now about switching to the Lisbon international Tri as logistics will be relatively easy for me (company office close by, company hotel right in the exhibition area of Lisbon). While it's not a WTC-branded event it's a full HIM distance race for €170 and the weather should be pleasant without being cripplingly hot on May 2nd - http://www.lisboatriathlon.com/

I loved lisboa. Really really loved it. Best race of my life.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm planning on doing Challenge Weymouth as my first in September - I'm avoiding early season racing as my wedding is at the end of May, and a September race gives me time to settle back into training after all that. Also has the perk of being around two and a half hours drive from London, which is very convenient for us.

The swim was pretty scary this year though... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

Thats a definite option.. looks like a cool race..

Part of me wanted to do a branded event.. I dont know why, advertising obviously works..

HIM Barcalona looks ok??

if i dont do it in May I might do Paguera in October next..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Outlaw 70.3 for me. :eek:

Supposed to be a very enjoyable event from what I've heard and it sold out in minutes.

I've no idea of the course but I believe the swim is in a rowing lake/pond so probably boring and dirty but at least it'll be consistant with no flow one way or the other.

No idea what the bike has to offer so if anyone does please share their wisdom.

The run seems to be mostly flat and a bit of back and forth through the city.

Hoping to tie it in with work and write the lot off as an expense :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

In fairness to Lisbon, the event has the feel of a branded race. And it is a seriously fast course. Not short, fast. PB course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Good to hear the positive comments about Lisbon, and good to know there are some folks that have done it. I'll be picking your brains in due course.

Advertisement