Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City

Options
  • 06-11-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Well does any even watch this sh!te

The acting is brutal..will this new communication tax mean the actors might get lessons

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Specialun wrote: »

Yes. Lots of people. It's one of the top-rated programs in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

*Awaits Fairly Shítty comment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

The acting is brutal..will this new communication tax mean the actors might get lessons

The communication tax is going to RTE and state broadcasting entities. It is also being used to subsidise print media that are supposed to be failing or suffering as a result of the digital age. Quite frankly I will not be paying it just like the TV licence charge. I do not see why I should have to pay for government run sh!te and a dying industry. I don't buy papers and I shouldn't have to pay to keep them afloat. I wonder how much of this Denis O'Brien will get for his newspapers when he starts claiming they are dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Gannicus wrote: »
    The communication tax is going to RTE and state broadcasting entities. It is also being used to subsidise print media that are supposed to be failing or suffering as a result of the digital age. Quite frankly I will not be paying it just like the TV licence charge. I do not see why I should have to pay for government run sh!te and a dying industry. I don't buy papers and I shouldn't have to pay to keep them afloat. I wonder how much of this Denis O'Brien will get for his newspapers when he starts claiming they are dying.

Sounds like something Ray would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Sounds like something Ray would say.

Ray???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

I don't know if anyone outside of Dublin watches it, if so I have never heard people referring to plot lines like they do for Corrie, Eastenders and the rest of that bo!!ox

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I don't, but then I don't watch any soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Yes. Lots of people. It's one of the top-rated programs in the country.

Not 1 episode was in the most watched TV programmes in 2013..1 episode in the top 20

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

its as good if not better than the UK soaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    *Awaits Fairly Shítty comment...

Lucky I read past the first post or I'd look very silly right now :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

if you pretend its a comedy it can be entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Not 1 episode was in the most watched TV programmes in 2013..1 episode in the top 20

That's because the most watched shows are big events, sports, etc.

But Fair City is consistently in the top shows so over the year gets huge ratings.

Advertisement