Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slight risk of flooding in the City today ...

Options
  • 06-11-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Just announced I think...

http://www.corkcity.ie/news/mainbody,69923,en.html

CORK CITY FLOOD ALERT

A tidal surge, southerly winds and a low pressure area in combination with high Spring Tide may give rise to tidal flooding this afternoon.

Prior to and after this tide at 17:00, there is a danger of Tidal Flooding in the City. It is possible that flooding may occur in the low lying areas of the City Centre including:

Union Quay, Morrisons Quay, South Terrace, Trinity Bridge, Georges Quay, South Mall, Cotter Street, Stable Lane, Proby’s Quay, Frenchs Quay, Crosses Green, Sharman Crawford St, Wandesford Quay, Lavitts Quay, Kyrls Street & Kyrls Quay, Coal Quay, and the low lying areas of the City Centre.

It is expected main impact will be on Traffic.

Householders and businesses should take Precautionary Measures to protect property.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Lovely. Just got a warning that because of Irish Water works on Penrose Wharf my water might be out tonight. But I can't imagine they'll be digging up the streets if there's a risk of flooding (even if that isn't mentioned as one of the areas). So, I don't know if I'll be flooded tonight or bone-dry...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

who_me wrote: »
    Lovely. Just got a warning that because of Irish Water works on Penrose Wharf my water might be out tonight. But I can't imagine they'll be digging up the streets if there's a risk of flooding (even if that isn't mentioned as one of the areas). So, I don't know if I'll be flooded tonight or bone-dry...

Well, as far as I know, the flood risk will only be for about 2-3 hours..

Nothing to stop them working on the problem there after that time.

Advertisement