Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Enda Kenny called someone the N Word?

Options
  • 06-11-2014 9:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

I was speaking to a relative this morning and found it hard to believe, they said it was true. I can't find any mention of it on RTE or Irish Times, or any of the Irish papers. Never heard it mentioned on the radio.

Apparently he made a really bad joke at a convention infront of someone from Africa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

newb?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

He was being nagged by the African guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

I thought he might have called a protester a knacker and was going to bitch about the k at the start of the word that you omitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

He was talking about his new bestie "Yeah, Ice Cube is my n**ga, he's gonna fck sh1t up in Westport, aiigght!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Sure the Irish are the blacks of Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Northsider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

The familiy of Patrice Lumumba, the assassinated first Prime Minister of Congo, have demanded an apology from the Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny, who called the revered African liberation hero a '******' in a racist joke".

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/sep/15/world.race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

The familiy of Patrice Lumumba, the assassinated first Prime Minister of Congo, have demanded an apology from the Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny, who called the revered African liberation hero a '******' in a racist joke".

15 September 2002 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Anything a little more current? This decade would be nice :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

That's a really old story - the article is from 2002.It's strange that it's being revived like it just happened - I saw it on my facebook feed a few days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

He was talking about his new bestie "Yeah, Ice Cube is my n**ga, he's gonna fck sh1t up in Westport, aiigght!"

Haha. Ice Cube. At least mention someone who's popular this century!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I thought it was something that just happened, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

He called someone a Nazi? Do you have a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

The context was that he was paying tribute to a friend who died a few days previously by recalling the friend's favourite anecdote which included a quote from a Moroccan barman which was insulting to Africans, which was the point of the story - the late friend thought it was highly ironic.

Ill-judged, but he didn't "call someone the n-word".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Haha. Ice Cube. At least mention someone who's popular this century!:)

You just made the baby Jesus cry :(

Advertisement