Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Knox gets a job...as a reporter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Yes. I do wish her well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/first-she-made-the-news-now-amanda-knox-is-reporting-it-30722539.html

Some turnaround. She is convicted right now by an Italian court. Do you wish her well in her new career?

Oh and I would (maybe - after assessing the satisfaction versus risk of death probability matrix).....after 10 pints.

'Hi, I'm Amanda Knox, first at the scene of yet another unexplained killing'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Nightcrawler

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/first-she-made-the-news-now-amanda-knox-is-reporting-it-30722539.html

Some turnaround. She is convicted right now by an Italian court. Do you wish her well in her new career?

Oh and I would (maybe - after assessing the satisfaction versus risk of death probability matrix).....after 10 pints.

i read an awful lot about the killings in Italy.....and I'm still confused. Originally I thought she did it, then I thought she didn't, then that she did...

Now I'm thinking that she probably didn't. But what the fcuk do I know?

Best of luck to her. hope no-one else dies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Wouldn't fancy making unwanted sub edits to her copy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

In before Fox news jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

anncoates wrote: »
    In before Fox news jokes

Foxy Knoxy News?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

I'm really disappointed with some of the remarks in this thread.

That poor girl was set upon purely because of her looks.

The moron prosecutor thought she looked like something supernatural because of her fair skin and blue eyes (kind of racist) and actually believes it is his job to rid the world of supernatural evil YES HE ACTUALLY BELIEVES THAT

It was totally unfair how she was judged.

I mean, being beautiful can actually be a curse

Trust me I know, I have to deal with it everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Can't be easy for the Kercher family

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

With all due respect to the victim's family, from a book I read (AFAIR Maths in Law) which mentioned the mis-use and mis-application of DNA evidence, the Knox case was highlighted as having poor science, lab records and evidence gathering techniques. That this evidence linking her to the crime scene was such a component in her initial trial was inexplicable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

We get to see more of her on TV? Then yes I wish her all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

UCDCritic wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed with some of the remarks in this thread.

That poor girl was set upon purely because of her looks.

The moron prosecutor thought she looked like something supernatural because of her fair skin and blue eyes (kind of racist) and actually believes it is his job to rid the world of supernatural evil YES HE ACTUALLY BELIEVES THAT

It was totally unfair how she was judged.

I mean, being beautiful can actually be a curse

Trust me I know, I have to deal with it everyday

Another thread saving post :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Convicted killer of that poor girl; until she does her time she will not get any well wishes from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,856 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Convicted killer of that poor girl; until she does her time she will not get any well wishes from me.

This is AH, all that matters is 'sexy girl back on telly, something something murder death kill in the past'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Some people could be dying to see her.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I'm sure that's ruined her day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

The way the case was handled seemed pretty bizzare and wouldn't give me much confidence in the Italian justice system tbh.

I'm not sure whether she did it or not because the way thecase was processed was just so strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Larbre34 wrote: »
    This is AH, all that matters is 'sexy girl back on telly, something something murder death kill in the past'

If she looked like Rosemary West would any would even take notice?

rosemarywest.jpg

In saying that I only vaguely heard of this Amanda Knox wan.

I think it is because she must not be very good at what she does just an "average" murderer!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Maybe if she gets tired after a few years she could take a stabatical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

Cormac... wrote: »
    Another thread saving post :rolleyes:

Will stop stalking me around boards

You always follow up on the things I say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I really miss the Roast beef flavour monster munch.

:(
    ;
    -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I'm sure that's ruined her day

It's what the OP asked, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,741 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

SpaceTime wrote: »
    The way the case was handled seemed pretty bizzare and wouldn't give me much confidence in the Italian justice system tbh.

I'm not sure whether she did it or not because the way thecase was processed was just so strange.

This, the Italian justice system is an absolute joke, due to how botched the investigation and trial was there is no way to know what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Journalism is a cutthroat business, she'll fit right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Tzardine wrote: »
    Maybe if she gets tired after a few years she could take a stabatical.

Nice, I like it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

UCDCritic wrote: »
    Will stop stalking me around boards

You always follow up on the things I say

Best say nothing so

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Simple reality of the world; if you're attractive (male or female), you're good at sports, or you have friends in high places, then the only conviction which can destroy your life is paedophilia. In some cases (like Knox's) a serious conviction can even open doors for you.

If you're an average shmuck, then even being accused of theft has the potential to leave you unemployable.

If Knox looked like Susan Boyle, she'd probably be dying in a gutter hooked on crack because nobody will touch her with a barge pole.

FWIW, I completely disregard the validity of her conviction based on the farce of the trial alone, but that doesn't change the above facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Grayson wrote: »
    i read an awful lot about the killings in Italy.....and I'm still confused. Originally I thought she did it, then I thought she didn't, then that she did...

Now I'm thinking that she probably didn't. But what the fcuk do I know?

Best of luck to her. hope no-one else dies.

LOL I almost spit my tea out at this.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

anncoates wrote: »
    In before Fox news jokes

I hear she is getting her own show.....Knox on Fox.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I hope it works out for her

Advertisement