Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time work

Options
  • 06-11-2014 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

I have got a job doing maybe two days a week. will i be entitled to much for the days i'm not working? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Go on to www.welfare.ie and do a search for part-time work. You will most likely be on whats known as the noughts and crosses scheme. The means assessment is explained there. Just be aware that under that scheme you cannot work more than 3 days or 24 hours a week, otherwise you will lose your entitlement to welfare.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Go on to www.welfare.ie and do a search for part-time work. You will most likely be on whats known as the noughts and crosses scheme. The means assessment is explained there. Just be aware that under that scheme you cannot work more than 3 days or 24 hours a week, otherwise you will lose your entitlement to welfare.

Just to clarify this, you cannot work more than three days, once you hit a fourth day you are ineligible for welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Stheno wrote: »
    Just to clarify this, you cannot work more than three days, once you hit a fourth day you are ineligible for welfare.

Also if you work 3 x 12 hour shifts you will also be ineligible.

Advertisement