Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long lost great Auntie

Options
  • 05-11-2014 11:57pm

Has anyone any advice in this regard please? My grandmother had a child out wedlock around the 1930s in the Sligo area. As far as I know the child was put up for adoption and nobody has any idea what happened after.

My great-grandmother made extensive attempts to find her but failed. All of this was well before the internet era so maybe there's a chance? Of course there's also a good chance that she has passed on. My grandmother passed away some years ago.

Would be grateful for any advice....I accidentally posted this in the Genealogy forum and they recommended looking for a DNA match? I had no clue this was even available...somebody said it would only cost €75. Is there a recommended company?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

HI legal adoption did,nt come in untill 1952 adoption act, most likely the child would be fostered or boarded out but keep there orignal name, try searching familysearch for a birth and then a marriage

Advertisement