Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTV Band Swap

Options
  • 05-11-2014 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Firstly, apologies if this question has been answered already, i did a search but couldn't find a thread with the answer to my question......

In terms of the LTV band for my mortgage, i'm currently in the >80% bracket on a variable rate mortgage with AIB.

I understand that when the outstanding capital amount remaining on the load drops below 80% I can request to move into the >50%<=80% bracket and reduce payments.

So my question is:
    If the value of my home has appreciated and the current value of the house (as opposed to the amount that was originally drawn down) versus the current outstanding loan amount has resulted in the LTV being >80%, can i request AIB to move me to the lower bracket?

What does it involve if its possible, getting the house revalued?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Firstly, apologies if this question has been answered already, i did a search but couldn't find a thread with the answer to my question......

In terms of the LTV band for my mortgage, i'm currently in the >80% bracket on a variable rate mortgage with AIB.

I understand that when the outstanding capital amount remaining on the load drops below 80% I can request to move into the >50%<=80% bracket and reduce payments.

So my question is:
    If the value of my home has appreciated and the current value of the house (as opposed to the amount that was originally drawn down) versus the current outstanding loan amount has resulted in the LTV being >80%, can i request AIB to move me to the lower bracket?

What does it involve if its possible, getting the house revalued?

I asked them today and it's not possible to change LTV, you could move to a different provider

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sona_sasta

That seems strange - I did this at the end of 2013 by submitting a new valuation of the property. This was to move from the >80% LTV to the 50-80% LTV band

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GeneralDisorder

Thanks for the replies guys, I must give AIB a shout so and see if its possible and see do they have preferred companies to do valuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭wench

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Look here:
    boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93204351#post93204351

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

OP I am in the same situation and AIB will not allow you to switch LTV have a look at your original letter of offer it is in there. As others have said switching seems to be the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭KCross

look at my link in post 6… you don't necessarily have to switch… just threaten to switch.

Advertisement