Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to find date of first registration

Options
  • 05-11-2014 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Just wondering if any one is still able to get a car registration date? My wife's car is due Nct and I can't find the tax book.
    My reg is 07d2454.
    I appreciate your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

January 2nd 2007?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OSI wrote: »
    You know you need the log book to get the NCT cert now?

When did they start enforcing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Assuming your car is not imported, the Date of First Registration will be on the previous NCT certificate, (not the disc).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

First time I remember being asked for it was March last year. Have been asked for it at the 2 I've done since.

Northpoint near Ballymun are weird, centre 1 asks for it but let you away, centre 2 don't bother.

Seems to fluctuate depending on where you go, Deansgrange completely ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.ncts.ie/q13.html
    Don't forget to bring your vehicle registration book, registration certificate or licensing certificate and your test fee!
    It's required, maybe some staff don't ask but don't bet on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If you're just looking for this to search for an online test date just click on the 'pay-online' button and you can search for dates without the reg date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭c.a.r.l

You know you need the log book to get the NCT cert now?

Are you serious

colm_mcm wrote: »
    January 2nd 2007?

Fare play thanks. Your spot on. Nct booked but I then got a mail from Nct saying I need to produce the tax book at the test center. 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 51,197 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Totally depends on who you are dealing with behind the counter at the time but I'd rather have it on me and not be asked for than not having it and then being asked for it.

Also OP the person bringing the car for testing (not necessarily the car owner) needs to produce either their driver's license or passport as a form of identification at the time of the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

When does the NCT expire?

Try using that date +1, -1 days with the year 07 and it should work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I didn't need logbook for her car, just ID

c.a.r.l wrote: »
    Fare play thanks. Your spot on. Nct booked but I then got a mail from Nct saying I need to produce the tax book at the test center. 😒

Just an update.
    I went to get the car tested with no log book and there was no problem. The guy said you don't need it but it make life easier if you had it! I don't see how but there was no issue and car passed! 😄
    Thanks for your help on the registration date.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some of them won't bother with it. Don't count on it though, see above OSI post with nct link.

Advertisement