Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know there's a thread on water charges already

Options
  • 05-11-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭

But is there anyone here who supports this sort of thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

In before the merge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

branie2 wrote: »

What sort of thing? Two threads on the same subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

no.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,915 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

"A" thread :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Supporting the water charges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Yes I support charging for water and for treating waste water, that's not the same as saying I support the present water charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Everyone who has a well or is part of a group scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Yeah, there are a couple of people with close connections to FG that are shilling away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I'd say there are about 10 threads on water, a nightmare for Govt & Mods. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Rightwing wrote: »
    I'd say there are about 10 threads on water, a nightmare for Govt & Mods. ;)

God forbid it snows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I support metering of water and paying for water based on usage. However I have a lot of reservations about how IW have been setup, and how they have rolled out the charges.

I personally think that the management of water should have been left with local councils, with only a minimal central body being setup to manage national infrastructure and planning.

I agree with metering and with charging people for water used. However I think the current allowances are a little unrealistic and the rates seem quite high when compared with elsewhere.

In typical Irish fashion, this rollout was completely rushed, in an "ask questions later" fashion. There's so many unanswered questions at the moment, and there should have been a lot more discussion about this all before IW was setup.

I think there should be a flat rate that everyone connected to the mains water/sewerage pays, then (realistic) allowances per person kick in. Once you go over those allowances, the extra water is paid for.

I would also like to see an absolute guarantee that IW will not be privatised. Should that require a referendum, then so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

I support water charges and that's all that matters :p

Seriously though, ask in the water thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement