Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Plus

Options
  • 05-11-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Plenty of talk about Jobsbridge but very little talk about this initiative. Is it working? Many good news stories from it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

same thing really isnt it?

50 snots plus your dole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

smash wrote: »
    What is it?

This, by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sadly, it's not really working.
    I've mentioned it on my CV so many times and it never even helped get me an interview let alone a job.
    The problem (from what I was told) is that most employers dont know what the scheme is. So it goes over their head. In fact, in an interview the manager told me he only heard about the scheme quite recently. Went on to say he knows others who never knew about the scheme too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭thestar

Sadly, it's not really working.
    I've mentioned it on my CV so many times and it never even helped get me an interview let alone a job.
    The problem (from what I was told) is that most employers dont know what the scheme is. So it goes over their head. In fact, in an interview the manager told me he only heard about the scheme quite recently. Went on to say he knows others who never knew about the scheme too.

Its a pity the media hone in on the negative side of things, i.e jobsbridge

Advertisement