Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 rust on rear wheel arches, garage in D18?

Options
  • 05-11-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi. I have a problem with not passing the nct because of the rust on my both rear wheel arches. The car is not new. Its a 2002 Mazda 6. I'm looking for any garage or repair service where they can fix this as cheap as possible. It would be the best in dublin 18 area but if its a little more further I wouldn't mind.
    Also it had to be done before 19th of this month.
    I found a few places already but they booked up pretty much.
    Thanks for any help you give me.
    I send a few pictures just for you to see the problem.
    ttp://postimg.org/gallery/2ux1gd6tc/ac2e7f76/
    also wondering if this is REALLY supposed to be an issue on nct. :\

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I don't think this is going to be an issue on an NCT.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

CiniO wrote: »
    I don't think this is going to be an issue on an NCT.

Yep. So long as it's just cosmetic (which is all we can see from the pics...) it'll be fine for an NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

There's one bad patch of rust there that could fail if they poke it and it goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 T1ger

Thanks for the comments but the problem is that the car failed nct at the first time because of the rust. Now I'm trying to find a solution. The guy at the nct mentioned that the repair should be low cost. I checked at the one bodywork garage nearby and they set the price at 350€. I thought its too much so I didn't agree. Now(a week later) they say their booked till 20th this month. I had to go back to nct before 19th so its any later isn't good for me.
    I would try to fix it myself but have no experience with this at all. I don't know if I'll be able to fix it at all. Also don't know what to need to buy to fix it.
    What do you guys think? Is it make sense to take it somewhere for 350€ or should I do it myself. The pictures should be helpfull to estimate the damage. Couldn't post a link so I just cut out "f" from the link.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Did it fail because of the rust you showed on the pictures, or the rust which can not be seen there because it's on underbody and frame.

• Advertisement

No, its failed because of the rust showed on the picture :\

No, its failed because of the rust showed on the picture :\ There was no other issue except those wheel arch rusts.

Advertisement