Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious chinese advertisement

Options
  • 05-11-2014 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭

What does the Chinese advertisement on boards say, I want in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What does the Chinese advertisement on boards say, I want in.
    If I know my Chinese, it's probably something to do with Octopus Schoolgirl Sex Parties!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I've read it twice...not a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

What are you talking about?

You do know the adverts you see on WebPages is not what everyone else sees right? The adds you see are targeted to you based on your recent searches. These are targeted adverts.

You might have searched something Asian in google recently which would explain it.

For me, I am seeking Carlsberg adverts which makes sense as I was recently google-ing that company.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

smash wrote: »
    If I know my Chinese, it's probably something to do with Octopus Schoolgirl Sex Parties!
    That's Japanese.

If it's Chinese it's an advertisement for fresh cooked octopus schoolgirl tentacles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

Green Mile wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

You do know the adverts you see on WebPages is not what everyone else sees right? The adds you see are targeted to you based on your recent searches. These are targeted adverts.

You might have searched something Asian in google recently which would explain it.

For me, I am seeking Carlsberg adverts which makes sense as I was recently google-ing that company.

Maybe the OP went for a Chinese takeaway recently and somebody was watching them..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Something about a dress and a sister I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

You a winna ha ha ha. You a winna ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Why not post a screenshot so those of us who are sensible enough to use adblock have an idea what the f*uck you are on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

it's a chinese restaurant going into competition with the polski skleps and offering swan on their menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It probably just means your internet traffic is being mysteriously routed through Chinese servers.

I'd do a traceroute if I were you...

• Advertisement

Ad blocker here, no ads ;)
    Just how I like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Chinese - a great bunch of ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

Ad blocker here, no ads ;)
    Just how I like it!

How do you know what you need to buy, without ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

GABBO

In chinese

dmc17 wrote: »
    How do you know what you need to buy, without ads?
    If I need it, I google it 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999 of stuff in ads I don't need!
    I may want or desire it but I don't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If I need it, I google it 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999 of stuff in ads I don't need!
    I may want or desire it but I don't need it.

"Dolan Baker, this is the Internet, Internet, meet Dolan Baker'

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

I know the one you arr on about. i get it too because i do a lot of "Asian Massage Parlour" searches, whats your excuse?

Anyway, i ran it through google translate and the following is what came out.

清創 清創 = "Ching Chong, Ching Chong"

I sh1t you not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

seamus wrote: »
    That's Japanese.

If it's Chinese it's an advertisement for fresh cooked octopus schoolgirl tentacles.
    Fcuk sake, I'm always mixing up my Asians.

Oh look, Jackie Chan....

Cormac... wrote: »
    "Dolan Baker, this is the Internet, Internet, meet Dolan Baker'
    I'm old enough to remember when the internet didn't carry adverts of any kind. ;) If it did, this page would take an hour to load. :eek:

1200baud dial up.

Advertisement