Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slade Power - Darley Classic - Flemington - Saturday 8/11/14

Options
  • 05-11-2014 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Just reported that the groom will be down at the start with him and the jockey can take off his hood before the gates open. Hope he doesn't get too worked up and blitz's them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Wayne Lordan rode a winner at Flemington yesterday. Hopefully he'll do the same Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Stewards denied request for late entry to the stalls. Then flipped decision and last I heard he will be loaded late.

Will need to be at his best to beat Chataqua down straight. Hot tempo to suit Slade. Tough horse and Chataqua will be giving him a couple of lengths with couple furlongs to go.

Aussie racing in the bin at the mo. This would be a coffin nail.

dave3004 wrote: »
    Stewards denied request for late entry to the stalls. Then flipped decision and last I heard he will be loaded late.

Will need to be at his best to beat Chataqua down straight. Hot tempo to suit Slade. Tough horse and Chataqua will be giving him a couple of lengths with couple furlongs to go.

Aussie racing in the bin at the mo. This would be a coffin nail.

Can't have Chataqua at 5/4. Lay all day for me.

DylanAFC wrote: »
    Can't have Chataqua at 5/4. Lay all day for me.

Wholeheartedly agree. It was bigger prices on previous starts and now comes up against biggest test. But all the mugs will ensure it'll prob jump close to even money.

Should be a cracking race

Where can I get best price on Slade Power. All I can find is 9/2 on PP?

• Advertisement

Slade Power 13/2 with Bet365.

I don't know the horse that well but Lordan/Lynam were in my office today getting their speed map sorted and chatting away.

It could be one of those things where in hindsight 13/2 is a stupidly big price.

Think I will have to have a bit on him. Aussie racing recently has really declined and struggling to produce vs the internationals.

Cheers, I'll have a whole lot of that 13/2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Is this on tonight then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Itsabrack

Is this on tonight then?
    4.40am AtTheRaces

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

5/1 SkyBet and Totesport for Slade, has to be worth a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I think Lankan Rupee will stuff him

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Dubron

Slade Power is 3.2 to place on the Ozzy tote at the moment, anything near that before the off tonight and I'll be steaming into it, could well get bigger. They could have easily won the sprint on Champions Day with him IMO but obviously Darley think it more important to his stud career that he gets a win in Australia, obviously thinking of shuttling him over there at some point. You'd imagine he's been trained for this since the July Cup and apparently did a cracking piece of work the other day, anything over 3.0 is a bet really!

Jumped 10/1 with most corps.

Missed the kick. Worked up to box seat and then faded when the leaders made their runs.

Needs to sort out those marrier issues. Lordan took blindfold off late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Itsabrack

Retirement now for Ireland's greatest Sprinter

Safe to say we are a fair bit off their level. This horse is a multiple gr.1 winner having beaten Maarek Tropics Due Dilligence etc.

He's not off their level. He missed kick badly. Cannot do that in G1s. Simple.

dave3004 wrote: »
    He's not off their level. He missed kick badly. Cannot do that in G1s. Simple.

Just read he returned lame. Not sure how you can say he is up to their level that runs leaves it inconclusive. Europe isn't exactly graced with an outstanding sprint division.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Opening batsman - that is all 14/1

Just read he returned lame. Not sure how you can say he is up to their level that runs leaves it inconclusive. Europe isn't exactly graced with an outstanding sprint division.

The systems / databases I use say he is definitely at their level if not higher.

Sole Power vs Buffering in the HK Sprint will tell us more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Itsabrack wrote: »
    Retirement now for Ireland's greatest Sprinter

Sole Power says hello.

• Advertisement
Advertisement