Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Gerry is for turning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So Gerry makes a populist move.

Wow, nobody in the world would have ever seen that coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

It's almost as if he wants to distract people away from all the paedophiles and rapists he's relocated into our State.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So Gerry makes a populist move.

Wow, nobody in the world would have ever seen that coming.

Their position changes with the wind.

Thread should be merged though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Or that the self-same state wishes to embarrass him to deflect from its own mis-management of adding in another tax ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Manach wrote: »
    Or that the self-same state wishes to embarrass him to deflect from its own mis-management of adding in another tax ?

You do know that to replace IW funding, the 'innoshent maaawn' wants more taxes don't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,292 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You are being unfair on Gerry. It was the other side of his face that said he would pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

To be fair it's just normal political backtracking and hardly confined to Sinn Fein. They badly misjudged the electoral mood in Dublin South West recently and their safe candidate lost out because of water charge stance. Hence, I assume, the volte face by Mary Lou and now this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

anncoates wrote: »
    To be fair it's just normal political backtracking and hardly confined to Sinn Fein. They badly misjudged the electoral mood in Dublin South West recently and their safe candidate lost out because of water charge stance. Hence, I assume, the volte face by Mary Lou and now this.

Nobody U turns without U turning as good as SF.
    Have they laid out where the funds for water system upgrades around the country are coming from un der SF !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/gerry-adams-in-uturn-on-water-charges-ive-decided-i-wont-pay-now-on-holiday-home-30720265.html

Hes happy to pick up the fat cheque from the irish tax payer but wont pay water bill on holiday home.

In this week's Denis O'Brien newsletter..........

mikom wrote: »
    In this week's Denis O'Brien newsletter..........

Is it not true ?

• Advertisement

Is it not true ?

Yes, it is true, he does own the Indo, and has the contract for installing water meters........ and will probably buy Irish water if he gets his way.

Yes, it is true, he does own the Indo, and has the contract for installing water meters........ and will probably buy Irish water if he gets his way.

Y ou like Gerry made up your own question and gave an ans to that. Is the story in the indo true or not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Enda Kenny "All Irish people believe that a man's house is his castle. It is morally unjust and unfair to tax a person's home [This tax] reminds me of a vampire tax in that it drives a stake through the heart of home initiative, and sucks the life blood of people who want to own their own home."

Chuckle chuckle

Y ou like Gerry made up your own question and gave an ans to that.

French?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Do shinners pay their rates up north?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭paulbok

Nobody U turns without U turning as good as SF.
    Have they laid out where the funds for water system upgrades around the country are coming from un der SF !

Northern Bank

French?

Gerry does that also.. forgets the question and then throws in random BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

PauloMN wrote: »
    Do shinners pay their rates up north?

I was hoping he would be asked that question when he was on radio today.

He had no problem appearing on radio to tell us all this, but there wasn't a peep out of him, or his colleagues, when people wanted answers on him shipping around sex offenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

How can anyone doubt our dear Gerry,?

I don't understand why people always doubt him, the way some go on you would think he was in the army council of the IRA.

If I was his comrade Mary Lou I would believe Gerry that he was never in the IRA and that IRA volunteers were decent people...but I am not Mary Lou, and I don't know why they treat us as being stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

French?

Please stop deflecting, and answer the question that was asked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

There are enough SF, Gerry Adams and IW threads open between here and Politics/Politics Cafe, I'm sure you can find one to suit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement