Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road ID SALE

Options
  • 05-11-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

Big RoadId sale on for 48 hours.

Exceptionally important at this time of year especially when out training. There is also a free app which I didn't realise was available. Lists ICE contacts on your phone lock page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ray o

AKW wrote: »
    Big RoadId sale on for 48 hours.

Exceptionally important at this time of year especially when out training. There is also a free app which I didn't realise was available. Lists ICE contacts on your phone lock page.

Which band would you recommend? The silicone or material?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

ray o wrote: »
    Which band would you recommend? The silicone or material?

I have the silicone one and find it very comfortable. I've never worn the material but apparently it's very comfortable also. My concern with the fabric is that it will stink over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I've a material as silicone wasn't an option at the time. Could do with a new band and update my tagline "Will die tri-ing" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ray o

pgibbo wrote: »
    My concern with the fabric is that it will stink over time.

Very true!

Might get one for the little fella too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Pity they still don't seem to have a European sister website as the delivery charges are ridiculous. Be great if we had a US-based boardsie willing to receive and collate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Is there any way of getting one of the discs to attach to a Garmin strap. I don't fancy wearing my watch and a road ID. The apps a good idea though when out on the bike I usually have my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting one of the discs to attach to a Garmin strap. I don't fancy wearing my watch and a road ID. The apps a good idea though when out on the bike I usually have my phone.

Dog tag version

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Pity they still don't seem to have a European sister website as the delivery charges are ridiculous. Be great if we had a US-based boardsie willing to receive and collate.

$4.99 postage costs!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

tunney wrote: »
    Dog tag version

Might be worth a shot. Have you seen them in person? curious as to the size.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Might be worth a shot. Have you seen them in person? curious as to the size.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39361164/TP/20141105_115307.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

MojoMaker wrote: »
    AKW wrote: »
    $4.99 postage costs!! :confused:

I'm US based, so if you need me to assist in any way let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I got one two years ago from a different company. It gives my wife peace of mind when i'm out seeing as my diabetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

My brother back home has one similar, and knowing him, he didn't pay astronomical prices for it...will see if I can get more info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

Well, he did pay those prices, and more it seems for what I've seen. Can't post linky as I'm a newbie, but google "safesports id". They do them, but prices are socking. Only advantage is that delivery only takes 6 days, and it's european based.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I looked into sourcing these in bulk from china, the unengraved type with waterproof inserts you put your details on. They work out very cheap but you do have to buy them in hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭LCD

Oryx wrote: »
    I looked into sourcing these in bulk from china, the unengraved type with waterproof inserts you put your details on. They work out very cheap but you do have to buy them in hundreds.

With work we bring a lot of stuff in from Far East, trust me it is not near as cheap as you think! Don't forget to add carriage + VAT. Import duty is charged on the cost price + carriage + VAT. There is also a considerably amount of work in sorting out customs papers & setting your self up as a vendor. I see people do this all the time and they save €20 but have to do 10hrs work themselves. Also if something wrong with the products good luck getting a refund.

LCD wrote: »
    With work we bring a lot of stuff in from Far East, trust me it is not near as cheap as you think! Don't forget to add carriage + VAT. Import duty is charged on the cost price + carriage + VAT. There is also a considerably amount of work in sorting out customs papers & setting your self up as a vendor. I see people do this all the time and they save €20 but have to do 10hrs work themselves. Also if something wrong with the products good luck getting a refund.
    I am aware of those issues, which is why I didnt go ahead. They still work out very cheap, but with added risks and headaches. And ideally the engraved ones are better, but for those you need a quality engraver. Theyre not cheap.

In 2006/2007 I got a dog tag road ID.

I got abuse from my former military friends and LCD for looking like an army wannabe dick (albeit I had to be half naked for people to see it). I refused to wear the arm ones as they were huge and visible, even the new silicone bracelet ones - I got one last year but stopped wearing it after a few weeks when I realised how inappropriate it is under a suit.

The dog tag from 2006 is still around my neck today, I don't take it off as if you take it off you don't put it back on (or someone picks it up and puts it in then toilet).

In the 8 years or so its only been used once. And to be honest just that once was worth the cost, postage, fishing it from a toiler, and the abuse from Liam.

I would be concerned that the dog tag type would jangle and be irritating?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ah OK Dave has sold it to me....

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    I would be concerned that the dog tag type would jangle and be irritating?

It does jangle a little, you do get used to it and depending on the type of clothes it jangles more than others.

On a plus side if you have little kids/babies jangling it in front of their faces gets hours of entertainment.

If a woman and fond of low cut tops (a) happy to meet you (b) cut be awkward and a slimline silicone may be less obvious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I actually thought tunney was talking about this when he mentioned dog tags
    https://www.roadid.com/p/the-Scout-ID-(Large)

could slip that over the watch band though it's unlikely they'll look there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Just ordered one of the wristbands, should settle Mrs JBs nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I have a yellow wristband, never needed it but wear it on most runs, especially the longer solo runs

Advertisement