Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I did my theory test last week. What next??

Options
  • 05-11-2014 1:18am

I'm from Cork, and want to learn how to drive.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Go to an opticians and get the drivers eye exam done. Then make an appointment at your local NDLS centre to apply for your learner permit. (You can find your nearest NDLS centre at ndls.ie. ) You bring your theory test pass cert, your eye exam report & the fee to the appointment. You don't need to bring passport pix with you, as they will take your photo there. They will also have the learner permit application forms there. The learner permit will be posted out to you in a couple of weeks.

When you have your learner permit, you can sign up with an approved driving instructor, (an ADI) to do your 12 mandatory EDT lessons. The RSA has listings of ADIs on their website. When you have done all 12 lessons & you have had your learner permit for at least 6 months, you can apply to sit your driving test, whenever you feel you are ready to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cailin1234

You need to bring the eye exam, theory test cert, passport, proof of address, proof of ppsn & €35. It's all on the website anyway. If in doubt check it out. It's all there.

Advertisement