Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 316i or 318d

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,397 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the diesel one seems too cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

Was thinking that colm. Yet he is a dealer. The old cliché comes to mind if it's too good to be true .......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

op the 1.6 petrol is only E514 to tax on the old CC rate, i.e. E124 more, as good as nothing, check the 2007 prices, its probable that they are far better value... In relation to the 2L diesel engine, take a read of this! 11k would be ok in the 1.6 petrol IMO...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057317007&page=13

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You will loose the will to live after driving the 316i for a week, underpowered is an understatement.

318d/320d of that vintage suffer from timing chain problems so either buy one that already has had it replaced at this stage or else get one with a very good and long warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

thanks guys..... after reading the timing chain issues ive decided to steer clear of anything with an N47 engine. From what ive read it only came out in 2008 so a decent 2007 could still be a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It was introduced in Sept 2007. Easiest way to tell on the 3 Series is that the models with the N47 engine had an oval shaped rear exhaust tip. The older engined ones have an exhaust tip that turns down towards the ground.

Advertisement