Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to get accommodation for 1/2 nights per week near Maynooth?

Options
  • 04-11-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

This is my first post so I hope I have it in the right place!

I work in Maynooth but recently bought a house near my home place which is approx. an hour and a half drive from Maynooth. Looking for a new job but nothing has come up yet but had to take the leap when the right house came on the market.

I'm doing a course one night a week in Maynooth which doesn't finish until 10pm, this would mean getting home @ 11.30/11.45pm and having to be back up at 5.15 to head off to Maynooth again.

I don't have any friends or family in the area, B&Bs or hotels are too expensive so I'm looking for a low cost way to stay over one or even two nights a week if the weather was to get very bad.

Any ideas on how I'd go about looking for such accommodation. I had a look on DAFT.ie but rent seems to be by the week\month only.

Any suggestions or alternatives would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Sweetcheeks1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Plane

One of the guys I work with is in a similar position.

He found a B&B in Leixlip that he could get a night with no breakfast and midweek for cheap. Think it was €25 for the night.

Try ringing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sweetcheeks1

Thanks for that suggestion.

I have rang around B&Bs but any I've spoken to say they are booked up or I've been told why would they take me for one night when they can get somebody booking for 4 or 5 nights and I see their point.

Maybe I should try ringing places a bit further away from Maynooth - that might help but I also got that reply from a place in Kilcock. I will renew my efforts on this front though.

Thank you again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The Spa Hotel in Lucan have big banners up advertising B&B for 35 Euro per night. If you agreed a schedule- say 10 weeks @ 2 nights a week, I'm certain they would be only too happy to do a deal with you (no idea whether it would be the 35 a night- but no harm in asking).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Maynooth uni do accom in the south campus for 22 or 25 e a night.
    Im pretty sure its not only for day students.

Edit: I def say this in September, I didn't dream it! I was looking for something similar as I don't commute well.
    I just looked up the Uni site can't find mention of it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sweetcheeks1

Thanks for that zef - I'll give the college a call tomorrow and see what the story is. Appreciate your help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Defintiely worth giving the accomodation office on the south campus a ring- www.maynoothcampus.com (link not working for me at the moment, but that's definitely it- may be something wrong with their website.) They work sort of like a hotel, booking people in to different rooms, mainly on the south campus. As far as I can recall, there's discounts for current students, and I'd say they'd be able to be a bit flexible if you could book a series of nights in advance.

When I was in college in Ranelagh on a part time course, some of the other students were coming from all over for the course. They gave a local B'n'B the dates of all weekends they'd need accommodation, and worked out a pretty good deal with them. It's strange that you can't do the same for a place in Maynooth- the lady at Celtic Lodge is quite friendly- have you tried her?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Joshua5 wrote: »
    daft is pretty hard to filter in that way for short term lettings. I'll PM a great site if you like

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

cheapest b&b that i found close to maynooth is in kilcock at 25e a night if staying for two nights.
    Kilcar house, across from carton house is the next cheapest b&b i found after that at 30e a night.
    They do be really busy though all year round as close to Intel, and you would need to book well in advance.

Maynooth campus is 30e a night for a college room, clean warm rooms, sharing bathrooms, not bad at all.
    You might be able to get them for 23e with student discount.

Advertisement