Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Pet

Options
  • 04-11-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a pet for my boyfriend cause he's animal obsessed. We live in a small enough apartment so we're limited in what we can get. Cats/dogs are out of the question for us (unfortunately) as we just don't have the space!!
    We already have fish and a hamster. Throughout the years he's had all kinds of things. Rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, snakes, lizards, spiders etc .. I'd prefer not to get him a lizard/snake etc as the majority of them require heat lamps n' all that jazz. Just looking for something that doesn't make an enormous amount of noise and is okay to have indoors. We don't mind letting them loose around the apartment!

Any suggestions welcome! I'm stuck!! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭NickyL

What about a rabbit? You can litter train them quite easily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Turtle all the way! I know you don't want lizards but I've two beardies and they're brilliant! Don't cost that much at all just need heat lamp and uvb, I've pre pay power and it works out at around 60cent a day to run my two with a 150w heat lamp and 32w of UVB both are on for 13 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

ive got two dogs in my two bedroom apartment, two mini yorkies. both house trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gosh_idiots

Thanks, guys!

I was thinking about a rabbit. May end up getting one in the end! I'd love a turtle but tbh I don't know a whole lot about them!Guess I'll have to get researching :P As for getting a dog we'd both love one but where we're living right now it just wouldn't work out. :( I'm just going to keep my options open and keep thinking about it I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

2 rabbits would be best, and they can be litter trained, but you will need to bunny proof if letting them loose.
    They have a tendency to chew, electrical wires are a big danger, you can find lots about bunny proofing online.

Some breeds are better than others for starting out, Netherland dwarves while small and cute, can be harder to handle, lion heads or mini lops are better if going for smaller breeds.
    Piggies are great too, but they do like to whistle, and they can be quite loud, but the squeaks of joy when you get home are adorable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement