Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with my E7 Horstmann 2 hours!!!

Options
  • 04-11-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys, I have a problem with my e7 horstmann. A long story actually. I just moved in this apt and we had the old model of this timer. The boost did not work but the boiler heated water during the night and we had enough water for 3 short showers... Absolutely not enough... Anyway I called a plumber and he said me that my timer was gone. He installed the new model. Now the boost works perfectly and the boiler heat water during the night. The thing is that we have hot water just until11am... That's it... Even if we don t take any showers the hot water simply gone after 11. I called 2 plumbers and they said me that everything is working fine... They are not able to find the problem... How is this possible? The boiler heat water from 3am to 7.30... I'm not sure how many showers I can take in the morning but anyway is not normal. If I don't take any shower in the morning I should have some hot water in the afternoon and in the evening as well. I'm going crazy cause nobody can help me... Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Could be your circulating pump running long after heating switched. (depends on your system setup) Could be natural circulation to upstairs radiators through the coil in your cylinder cooling down your domestic water. could be a leak :eek:

Could be something else that others here will think of.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Matteo88

The problem is that no plumber can tell what is the problem... For them everything is ok... But with the old timer the hot water from the night stayed there during all day... Not anymore unfortunately... I don't actually know who I have to call now... Thanks

You need a plumber that has a good handle on the electrical controls part of the system or an electrician that is good with heating controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Matteo88

Any suggestions in Dublin?

Matteo88 wrote: »
    Any suggestions in Dublin?

No. But a lot of the lads will be having a look at what's happening here after supper so give it a while and you might get some more help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

Matteo88 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have a problem with my e7 horstmann. A long story actually. I just moved in this apt and we had the old model of this timer. The boost did not work but the boiler heated water during the night and we had enough water for 3 short showers... Absolutely not enough... Anyway I called a plumber and he said me that my timer was gone. He installed the new model. Now the boost works perfectly and the boiler heat water during the night. The thing is that we have hot water just until11am... That's it... Even if we don t take any showers the hot water simply gone after 11. I called 2 plumbers and they said me that everything is working fine... They are not able to find the problem... How is this possible? The boiler heat water from 3am to 7.30... I'm not sure how many showers I can take in the morning but anyway is not normal. If I don't take any shower in the morning I should have some hot water in the afternoon and in the evening as well. I'm going crazy cause nobody can help me... Any suggestions? Thanks.

Its possible when the clock was replaced then the peak and off peak have been wired reversed so

peak is no off peak
    off peak is now peak

To sum up:

The peak heats hot water (day time option) from top element which is a small volume of water
    The off peak heats hot water (night time only) from bottom element which is a larger volume of water

Simple test

When both elements are cold (top and bottom) switch on boost on e7 clock and feel top element. Only top element should heat up on boost (may take 10-15mins)

If bottom element heats then wiring is reversed and needs to be changed.

Advertisement