Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bryton GPS (Rider 210)

Options
  • 04-11-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

This is new out from Bryton and looks impressive...

Im looking for a GPS with ANT+ and cant stretch to a Garmin.

Like that its Bluetooth to phone for uploads to Strava.

http://corp.brytonsport.com/products/rider210?lang=en

Rider 210 is designed for your daily exercise. It records exercise data such as track log, lap, speed, distance, altitude and calories burned without installation required. The device is also compatible with standard ANT+ heart rate monitor and speed/cadence sensors* for advanced trainings. The advanced notification feature allows you to access the latest weather forecast and get notified if a phone call comes in via Bluetooth Smart Technology. Rider 210 wirelessly and seamlessly transfers data to Bryton Mobile APP and this allows you to share your workouts on Facebook instantly. This device now saves your track as FIT data format which makes the uploading to sport sites like Brytonsport, Strava, Training Peaks, Fit track and so on much easier than ever. Just turn on and go. Rider 210 will make a great addition to your cycling experiences!
    *Bluetooth Smart and WiFi-enabled mobile phone is required. Android 4.3+.

Whats the consensus on Bryton in General since not many would have this specific device yet I imagine ?

Most sites have it at £140 mark...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭pats22b

don't know about the bryton but i got a sigma rox 10 recently from
    bike-discount.de
    very happy with it
    makes the turbo bearable and i don't know how i lived without the cadence measures - makes a big difference.
    135 or 190 with all sensors on the above site and a decent desktop based analytic suite

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I have a rider 20 and does what I need, speed, distance and maps my cycles for saving later. Yet to try hrm or cadence as I've not done much ccycling since getting it. Wished I'd gotten the 50 when it was available though. And I don't like that it has a proprietary USB connection

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I have a rider 20 and does what I need, speed, distance and maps my cycles for saving later. Yet to try hrm or cadence as I've not done much ccycling since getting it. Wished I'd gotten the 50 when it was available though. And I don't like that it has a proprietary USB connection

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I had a Rider 20 but upgraded to a Rider 35 which is the rough equivalent of the Garmin 500. I love it, does everything I want/need. I've been looking at the 210 and am impressed with the Bluetooth features on it. May treat myself to one in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

I have a Rider 50 and use it HRM and Cadence. Works great with its own hardware but doesn't switch well between garmin speed/cadence sensor.

The site upload is a bit hit and miss and the link to strava is okay from there. If there is a cleaner way to upload from bluetooth / wi-fi with the 210 that would be a big improvement.

The map function is pretty good and once it has connected stays connected (so far).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Does it do Watts?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

I have a garmin sensor on one bike and a Giant Ridesense on the other and Garmin Heat monitor so connecting with other Ant + devices is critical for me.

Thats a pity.

I dont want to replace all the Ant Stuff.

Will wait for a garmin 510 sale somewhere maybe.

Others having issues with Bryton devices and garmin ant+ devices ?

del_boy13 wrote: »
    I have a Rider 50 and use it HRM and Cadence. Works great with its own hardware but doesn't switch well between garmin speed/cadence sensor.

The site upload is a bit hit and miss and the link to strava is okay from there. If there is a cleaner way to upload from bluetooth / wi-fi with the 210 that would be a big improvement.

The map function is pretty good and once it has connected stays connected (so far).

Took the plunge and bought a Garmin 510 (Secondhand).
    Liking it so far.

I want to get a heart monitor but see there are different types.

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=73452

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=71875

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=83545

Whats the difference between them is it technical differences.
    2 are soft strap but whats the difference between them.
    Not keen on the hard strap as I didnt like them on our treadmill either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

The first one is garmins most recent strap. I have the hard one a good few years now and I find it grand but a lot get spikes in their data with it. The newest one is meant to be much better.

Went for the one you said.

Good price from Cyclesuperstore with €15 discount (CSSWINTER15)
    Ryath wrote: »
    The first one is garmins most recent strap. I have the hard one a good few years now and I find it grand but a lot get spikes in their data with it. The newest one is meant to be much better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement