Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panorama investigation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

interesting that your first post to the greyhound forum that i can remember is a video from greytexploitations Youtube account !!!

so we can guess your views on the sport lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just interested in peoples opinion of it, thats all

does the same thing go on over here??

every person and trainer is different

the claims of 33k on trios dont go on anywhere

Nowso wrote: »
    every person and trainer is different

the claims of 33k on trios dont go on anywhere

Found that strange, myself! Did he say he was putting them on in Ireland? I go racing in both Ireland and UK and the best value Trios are Shelbourne Park on a saturday night, when they guarantee the pools as long as there are 6 runners. The most I've won on a trio is €500. That was to a €1 stake, but I'd put on €20 in total. The average I win is €50.
    I thought him a Walter Mitty type. Living within his own head. Telling a total stranger how he dopes a dog is just beyond belief.
    The one thing I took from the programme was how one big trainer has been found to give his dogs Class A drugs and still be allowed train. How the Hell is he not in Jail?

there are a lot more to lots of cases that can be covered by a mention by a biased reporter in 4 seconds of a programme.

you have to take where the reporter is coming from not take all of what they say as the whole truth

• Advertisement

Nowso wrote: »
    there are a lot more to lots of cases that can be covered by a mention by a biased reporter in 4 seconds of a programme.

you have to take where the reporter is coming from not take all of what they say as the whole truth

It was a badly researched programme. The chances of landing a gamble the way he was indicating are impossible. How many €20,000 or €10,000 dogs are there with unknown trainers like him?

he is not unknown. he won a champion stakes in 2012 . prices on data ask big prices for graders .

they only broadcast the bits they wanted to .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Irrespective of what anyone says it was a fairly damning report. I can't understand why people say it is biased/selective, of course it is, it's a report into corruption. The fact that so many dogs test positive for banned substances is very shocking indeed and the fact that the penalties meted out are so light is also very shocking.

Advertisement