Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a car in England

Options
  • 04-11-2014 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all in wondering if anybody could tell me when is the best time of year to buy a car in England ie fleet changes or car reg being a year older on the log book. Obviously spotting a gem can happen anytime of the year but is there a better time of year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Seems like this forum is guarding its secrets....

My only experience is to look out for 50 plate cars as they tend to be cheaper. A January 09 car will be a 59 plate which is less desirable than the 09 plate of the same year over there. But it makes a saving for us.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Seems like this forum is guarding its secrets....

My only experience is to look out for 50 plate cars as they tend to be cheaper. A January 09 car will be a 59 plate which is less desirable than the 09 plate of the same year over there. But it makes a saving for us.

A JAnuary 09 car will be a 58 plate, not a 59!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Marcusm wrote: »
    A JAnuary 09 car will be a 58 plate, not a 59!

D'oh!

knew it wasn't right when I wrote it.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Advertisement