Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance dispute

Options
  • 04-11-2014 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hello there everybody please excuse my writing and my english.
    my name is mario and i want to open or reopen a thread on car insurance topic.

ill make it brief .after 100 spend on phone credit 99 days on internet hours of speaking with gardais and solictors and insurance companies,and hours trying to get insurance quotes and policies,looks like still unsuccesfull.

so my issue(and probably not just mine)trying to get car insurance on multiple cars or ,trying to be able to drive other cars (as it states on the insurance certificates (some of them))and theoretical and practical it s a big bull **** from witch obviously we the people who have the rights ,constitutional rights and the whole set of bla bla bla entitlements bla bla b la ,we have the obligation to pay and pay and pay and obviosly get ...you guest

nothing NOTHING actually nothing good,because we get fines prosecutions imprisonments and etc,even if it looks that we nearly are on the right side of the law,somebody somewhere will find something to make us pay,be it based on real facts or not doesn t matter the ass hole will and must pay,isnt it?

now more briefly i asked all off them that if i have 5 cars do i need 5 different insurances for all of them ?and the answer was yes ...more or less ,even that i said that i am not intending to drive all 5 of them at one time and that physically it is not that possible,they still said yes u need 5 insurances.

right currently i have one insurance and bought another car and try to insure it and guess what nobody could insured me not even my insurance comapany,guess on what issue that i am already insured !!!!!
    and i explained them that my current insurance doesnt allow me to drive other cars,and that i have to put my current car in service and i want to drive another car and as a matter of fact i feel like driving any other numbers of cars (let s say 99)cause i feel like doing that and althought i want to get them insured in whatsoever way posible it looks like they the insurers will not help me in any circumstance with no kind of informations or ways or whatsoever;and it looks like nobody knows the answers and solutions to this sort of questions and issues.

now i have a trial in court and i m waiting on ure opinions and solutions if u have any about this issue HOW CAN WE (THE DRIVERS )INSURE CARS IN A MULTIPLE NUMBER (MORE THAN 1 LET S SAY 99)AND DRIVE THEM SAFELY AND BEAUTYFULLY WITHOUT BEEING IN ANY BREACH OF LAW AND CONTRACT AND ETC IF THE IONSURANCE COMPANY WILL NOT LISTEN HELP TALK SUGGEST GIVE PRODUCE ANY SOLLUTION WHATSOEVER...because it limits my rights i mean i can not have 8 cars in my yard and drive wichsoever i feel like when so ever i feel like without beeing in any breach of law or etc.
    if somebody knows what we have to do then it s most apreciate it.
    ill come back with more news.about the court and etc...laws and bull**** and etc.tank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cipi

im actually to angry to write any more ill leave it to another day......im usualy paying to **** not to get ****ed ....if u know what i mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Of course you can drive the 8 cars owned by you in your yard, if all 8 are insured under your name OR the cars have an open-drive or named driver policy under someone else's name which insures any driver.

The Individual car is insured NOT the driver.

If your cars are classic cars, you might qualify for classic insurance / tax which is based on them only being used occasionally.

What happens if the 7 remaining cars in your yard are stolen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If it's just a basic job, iMovie should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

endacl wrote: »
    If it's just a basic job, iMovie should do the trick.

Good job, I just noticed this was in A/V :D

ok so if im currnetly insured and im trying to get my other car insured and the answer im getting is "we can not currently insure u because you already have an insurance "than what should i do ipad?
    ps actually im tyred of walking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Are all your codecs up to date? Have you tried opening it in VLC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

cipi wrote: »
    ok so if im currnetly insured and im trying to get my other car insured and the answer im getting is "we can not currently insure u because you already have an insurance "than what should i do ipad?
    ps actually im tyred of walking?

You should try the motors forum, this forum is for Audio/Visual Editing

a sorry lads anger got me again:)))))))))) tanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Can you explain why you are in court? For driving uninsured? If so, no sympathy. Multiple people here and on Irish roads have multiple cars and have them all fully road legal and insured. Its entirely possible to do.

Yes, you need a separate policy for all your individual cars in most instances. Or, you can have comprehensive insurance on your own car and then 'Third Party' cover on other cars (For the rare event that you say have to drive a friends car home etc) Its usually reserved for over 25s and contrary to popular belief is not automatically on every policy but usually has no fee attached, you just need to request it. It does however usually have the exception that you cannot own the car in question. Some insurers will give you comprehensive insurance on any car you drive, again provided you don't own it. The caveat is if you own the car then you usually need a separate policy for each car as each car is a different risk (Again, insurers differ here)

Either way, you could have just taken out a fleet policy if you have 5 (or however many) cars that you intend on driving in an ad-hoc manner. Most insurance companies will quote you for multiple car policies but you will pay for it, again the assumption being if you have multiple cars then you have the means to insure them. No Irish insurer, that I'm aware of, will allow short term or multiple 'swap' policies between cars. You either cover a car for the year or not at all. Again, an exception being specific policies for classics.

No breach of rights has occurred here so I have no idea what your argument is. If you are in court, its for a damn good reason. We live in a frankly ridiculously open country when it comes to ownership of cars, the only limit in my eyes is your wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you can own and insure as many cars as you like, but you will only get No Claims Discount on one of them...you'll pay full price for the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

whoever moved it...we have two threads now....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

so the OPs post above was hard enough to decipher...now with the AV stuff...Im completely lost... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

There isn't anyone prepared to do multi car insurance as far as I know.

Your 2 options are insure every car individually

or

become a mechanic open a garage in your back garden get vat registered and then get trade insurance which will cover you to use the cars.

Other than that the codec advice above is as good as it gets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

My head hurts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

i'm no expert video editor either .. but this short movie is quite clearly based on a conventional script .. Man gets caught doing something illegal, Man get summons, Man rants and raves looking for someone else to blame ... the sequel should be just as boring and predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

edburg wrote: »
    There isn't anyone prepared to do multi car insurance as far as I know.

You don't know far enough.

Tell me who does a multicar policy then!!

As I am currently paying for 2 policies and all main AXA, first Ireland, aviva and couple local brokers etc having been to help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

You don't know far enough.

I don't know who my Father in law is insured with but he currently has 6 cars privately insured .. costs a few quid but it's possible.

Aviva do multi car for as many as you want

Will cost you min €280 per car!

That's not multicar I am thinking that's just multi policies at discount as your all with aviva.

One I am thinking of is is 1 policy that will cover 2-3 cars and the named drivers. In UK used to have one cost me about 870 and it would cover 3 cars I nominated.

Over here multi car just seems to be as above more policies than 1.

• Advertisement

That's not multicar I am thinking that's just multi policies at discount as your all with aviva.

One I am thinking of is is 1 policy that will cover 2-3 cars and the named drivers. In UK used to have one cost me about 870 and it would cover 3 cars I nominated.

so...fleet insurance then?

http://www.fbd.ie/business/motor-fleet/

Yes but for private, think this what op was referring to in his 3rd sentence.

Hence I said for him to become a mechanic start business get fleet/garage/trade insurance with tongue in cheek :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Because thats the UK and this is Ireland. And they are completely different markets, practises and options. You need a multi-car or fleet insurance, end of really.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Because thats the UK and this is Ireland. And they are completely different markets, practises and options. You need a multi-car or fleet insurance, end of really.

I don't, the op does, along with a prayer for his court case.

tanks all of yous for your opinion and your sugesstions .
    im in court cause i was stoped on my second car and it looks like i wasn t insured allthough i have an insurance with my first car.wich i think is comprehensive ,and it says driving other cars covered but (they are refering in there to driving other insured cars...INSURED cars thing that they do not stipulate it just says driving other cars...on the book let....and then after u have an accident u find out that it says other INSURED cars (over the phone or whatever)....hence my frustrations....

and issue nr 2.if u OWN the car then they can not cover u or they can or bla bla bla depends on the companies...which is stupid in my opinion,because obviosuly we can not drive 4 cars at the same time ,and if they say well then one of ure other cars can be robbed while u are driving the other then they should put it on the policy .WE ONLY INSURE U FOR THE CAR U ARE CURRENTLY DRIVING AND NOT FOR THE REST 4 THAT U HAVE GARAGED...which i consider to be fair..but at least i have the freedom of driving whatever car i feel like whnever i feel like and also beeing insured even let s say if we have to pay another 300 extra ..ok..

where here at the moment i have 2 cars i wanted to get the second one insured and i have to lie..to get it insured...
    1.when does ure current policy expires? a:in february ....well unfortunatly we cannot insure at the moment because u already have a policy ....and i say.....yesss but it s for a different car ...and they say yess sorry abouty that but bla bla bla....(just my case here :currently with 25.plus .ie (aig) trying to get the second one with aa ,cill ,123.etc/...
    2.second option if i say that my currnet policy expires tomorrow then i get it with no problem but ..i have to lie dont i?and for what...where is the sense and the logic behind it?is it manipulation?yesssss.....
    3.my own company cannot currntly insure me with another car because i have already an insurance....welll....??????wtf....they can temporarly add a second vehicle for an extra 100 euros for 30 days ....or they can swap the insurances from one car to another but i can not swap back.......why??????does the insurance disc gets dirty?or it s too confusing for them.....or......they are not in the mood....or...wtf????my money my life my cars ...or we live under dictatorship?....?they say jump u say how high?.....i
    i actually dont get theis one.....u can swap but u can not swap back...

the way i see it...instead of making all this bull**** advertising .."only 269 euro for car insurance..thats cheap...yeaa""they should make one based on some normal criteria....that should allow us to drive CARS and be insured....with some stipulation for ex ..if it s import or whatever...and we should pay for the insurance ...and ..if u do an accident we loose the no claim bonus and etc...

my thing is...i have a driving licence ....i have an insurance ..i(we) should be allowed to drive cars....my car youre car his car whatsoever car....whenever i (we) fell like because any way we pay for it no?i have lived under dictatorship....i had enough....u say that u have the freedom about cars but how sure are u u are not in breach of the law?just because maybe u made 2 policies at the same tiime or whatever...i dont know....it s kind of stupid and frustrating...tanks...

tanks all of yous for your opinion and your sugesstions .
    im in court cause i was stoped on my second car and it looks like i wasn t insured allthough i have an insurance with my first car.wich i think is comprehensive ,and it says driving other cars covered but (they are refering in there to driving other insured cars...INSURED cars thing that they do not stipulate it just says driving other cars...on the book let....and then after u have an accident u find out that it says other INSURED cars (over the phone or whatever)....hence my frustrations....

and issue nr 2.if u OWN the car then they can not cover u or they can or bla bla bla depends on the companies...which is stupid in my opinion,because obviosuly we can not drive 4 cars at the same time ,and if they say well then one of ure other cars can be robbed while u are driving the other then they should put it on the policy .WE ONLY INSURE U FOR THE CAR U ARE CURRENTLY DRIVING AND NOT FOR THE REST 4 THAT U HAVE GARAGED...which i consider to be fair..but at least i have the freedom of driving whatever car i feel like whnever i feel like and also beeing insured even let s say if we have to pay another 300 extra ..ok..

where here at the moment i have 2 cars i wanted to get the second one insured and i have to lie..to get it insured...
    1.when does ure current policy expires? a:in february ....well unfortunatly we cannot insure at the moment because u already have a policy ....and i say.....yesss but it s for a different car ...and they say yess sorry abouty that but bla bla bla....(just my case here :currently with 25.plus .ie (aig) trying to get the second one with aa ,cill ,123.etc/...
    2.second option if i say that my currnet policy expires tomorrow then i get it with no problem but ..i have to lie dont i?and for what...where is the sense and the logic behind it?is it manipulation?yesssss.....
    3.my own company cannot currntly insure me with another car because i have already an insurance....welll....??????wtf....they can temporarly add a second vehicle for an extra 100 euros for 30 days ....or they can swap the insurances from one car to another but i can not swap back.......why??????does the insurance disc gets dirty?or it s too confusing for them.....or......they are not in the mood....or...wtf????my money my life my cars ...or we live under dictatorship?....?they say jump u say how high?.....i
    i actually dont get theis one.....u can swap but u can not swap back...

the way i see it...instead of making all this bull**** advertising .."only 269 euro for car insurance..thats cheap...yeaa""they should make one based on some normal criteria....that should allow us to drive CARS and be insured....with some stipulation for ex ..if it s import or whatever...and we should pay for the insurance ...and ..if u do an accident we loose the no claim bonus and etc...

my thing is...i have a driving licence ....i have an insurance ..i(we) should be allowed to drive cars....my car youre car his car whatsoever car....whenever i (we) fell like because any way we pay for it no?i have lived under dictatorship....i had enough....u say that u have the freedom about cars but how sure are u u are not in breach of the law?just because maybe u made 2 policies at the same tiime or whatever...i dont know....it s kind of stupid and frustrating...tanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Op, I find it hard to believe you cannot insure two cars using the one insurer. Many actually give you a discount for having multiple policies.

When you're asked on the website "when does your current insurance expire", they're referring to the insurance on the car you wish to insure, not a car you already have insured.

It sounds to me that you had multiple cars but only one fully-comp policy, and then drove a second car which was uninsured. You need to read your policy to see what fully-comp policies cover. Usually, it covers you third party only for driving another car which has its own insurance policy.

tenifan so that we do not get caught up in words...with nr 1 i agree but then they should put it ..."current insurence for the car that u want to insure now,not any other insurance that u have"and if u do not hold a current insurance and then they ask u oo but u have 3 years no claim bonus on another insurance yes....and whatever any way...i will try again in the future ...and i will record the conversations or whatever...
    and nr 2.it says "usually"like u say in plain english insured to drive other cars --yes/no ==yes ....now can u tell me what do u understand by this?ill give u the options as well:1.insured to drive other cars with 4 wheels and a steering wheel and a spare wheel (so 4+1+1=6 isn t it)so a car with 6 wheels.
    2.insured to drive other peoples cars but not youre own ...second one or 3rd one just because...it brings bad luck..
    3.inured to drive other insured cars and if so than in case of an accident who pays for damage youre insurance his insurance etc...(this just came now)
    4.....u know..they put it in this "confusing terms"ill try to get some original quotes from certificates...
    i might be really really stupid but i can arrticulatte ocer the phone "i would like to insure a second car...can somebody please help me ....welll let s see ...bla bla bla..yes and no and yes and ...59 questions and whatever....
    i have my licence for 10 years man...but this days when i get into my car or into someone elses car...u have to get the whole law centeres approval ...and not even them now ..the correct way ....but any way/...im 31 ...hopefully ill die peacefully and "insured"one day:)))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

tenifan so that we do not get caught up in words...with nr 1 i agree but then they should put it ..."current insurence for the car that u want to insure now,not any other insurance that u have"and if u do not hold a current insurance and then they ask u oo but u have 3 years no claim bonus on another insurance yes....and whatever any way...i will try again in the future ...and i will record the conversations or whatever...

Wrong. Each policy accumulates its own no-claims discount.

and nr 2.it says "usually"like u say in plain english insured to drive other cars --yes/no ==yes ....
    No, it's whatever your policy states. And it will state you can drive other cars that are insured.

3.inured to drive other insured cars and if so than in case of an accident who pays for damage youre insurance his insurance etc...(this just came now)
    You will be covered third party only. If damage is done to his car, your insurance usually will not cover it. As usual, read your policy.
    i might be really really stupid but i can arrticulatte ocer the phone "i would like to insure a second car...can somebody please help me ....welll let s see ...bla bla bla..yes and no and yes and ...59 questions and whatever....
    i have my licence for 10 years man...but this days when i get into my car or into someone elses car...u have to get the whole law centeres approval ...and not even them now ..the correct way ....but any way/...im 31 ...hopefully ill die peacefully and "insured"one day:)))))

I think you have two issues:
    1. You don't have the capacity to read and comprehend insurance policies. You should visit an insurance broker who can sell you appropriate insurance.
    2. You know full well that the type of arrangement you require will cost a lot of money so you're trying to obscure things by pretending you don't understand. In effect, your first policy should be cheap enough because you have a no-claims discount. Second and subsequent policies for additional cars ARE required and you will NOT have a no claims discount, so they will cost you a lot of money.

• Advertisement

You can get 2 policies, however some companies require you have a ncb for the second vehicle.

I have been through this myself, ended up with 1 with aa and my original car/ncb with 123.

Op insurance is a bit of dark hole here, but I think you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about what's happened, from my experience everything you have complained about is written down in handbooks/summaries.

Yes private multicar/fleet insurance would answer your problems but it not possible. So unfortunately you will need 2 + policies to cover your car's.

Advertisement