Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

hypnotherapy to stop smoking

• 04-11-2014 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just wondering if there are people who have tried this and could anyone recomend someone in naas sallins or clane area to do it want to try this and at this stage would just love a bit of insight from someone who has done it thsnx in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Moved from Smoking forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 fayvirtue

My sister used to do hypnotherapy for quitting smoking and had about a 60% success rate. She told me that the person had to have the desire to quit or else it did not work !

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

kilashee11 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there are people who have tried this and could anyone recomend someone in naas sallins or clane area to do it want to try this and at this stage would just love a bit of insight from someone who has done it thsnx in advance

Depends on the person. You really have to approach it with an open mind.

I was a smoker for about 20 years, heavy, managed to quit completely over a year ago thanks to Hypnotherapy. No patches, gum or anything, just walked out of the place a non smoker.

I paid for my Mother in laws session too, unfortunately didn't work for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kurumul

Whatever you do CHECK the qualifications of the hypnotherapist BEFORE you go ahead. !
    There are some very dubious people and organizations out there who accredit themselves and give themselves fancy titles.
    Any hypnotherapist needs to have undergone psychological training and obtained degrees in psychoanalysis or the like BEFORE taking up hypnotherapy. There are too many out there who read books and watch video's for a few weekends and then set themselves up to charge exorbitant fees to gullible visitors. If someone says he has "advdiphypno" then he is a fraud as this kind of qualification does not exist and was 'thought up' by these 'practitioners'. !

Advertisement