Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police scanners

Options
  • 04-11-2014 12:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

Hi im just wondering where can you get a scanner in ireland and how much would they be and can you listen to conversations from the police, air traffic controls and taxes with them and are scanners the ones that look like walkie talkies thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Last_Minute

You can listen to these things on the internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 username1122

You can listen to these things on the internet.

I live in the country side my internet is extremely slow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Go to the biggest Garda station in your county, they rent them out.

You'll need to bring 2 forms of ID though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

2FM used to be on the same frequency as the guards here for a while when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

You can't listen to Garda frequency anymore as it is an encrypted digital frequency..
    You can listen to most other emergency services, also taxi, haulage, logistical companies etc etc....
    There are numerous scanner Apps including Police scanners that can be downloaded to your Smart phone..
    Good Craíc listening to Chicago Police Dept on a boring Mon night :cool:

PS: If your looking for a scanner, there are numerous new and second-hand scanners available online, if I was you I'd order from a reputable online Chinese store, their products including two-way radios are great value and great quality... Uniden BC(BearCat) and Radio Shack are huge names in scanners, the Chinese generic ones are very similar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement