Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of S3 overall awards (bring your tux!!!!)

Options
  • 03-11-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

This was good fun last season!!!

Catagories are:
    • Overall Manager of the year (all divisions)
    • Player of the year (all divisions)
    • Young Player of the year (all divisions)
    • Best Transfer
    • Worst Transfer
    • Easiest Manager to do transfers with
    • Worst Manager to do transfers with
    • Most Annoying Manager
    • Best forum poster of the year..
    • Biggest up set
    • Best "rivalry" of the season

*** Feel free to add catagories!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

This was good fun last season!!!

Catagories are:
    • Overall Manager of the year (all divisions)
    • Player of the year (all divisions)
    • Young Player of the year (all divisions)
    • Best Transfer
    • Worst Transfer

*** Feel free to add catagories!

Best forum postor of the year..
    Biggest up set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Best "rivalry" of the season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Cheers lads, those are good ones!

Any others before we start filling them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Best Cup (not Shield) winner of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

SNIP - not neccessarily the worst performing

I can name a few already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

SNIP - not neccessarily the worst performing

I can name a few already

Finally i might win something..:D:D

Beefy78 wrote: »

Surely there is only 1 or 2 cup winners throughout the season... bit pointless having a 'best of' 1 or 2 would it, or am I missing something?

SNIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Not bothered by the rest so I'll just go with Best Overall Manager:

Flamengo : Perrin V2

To get back to back **automatic** promotions is fantastic, he made great use of an average team. Hopefully we see him fighting it out at the top of Div 2 next season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

• Overall Manager of the year (all divisions) - Iago - What a job at Newcastle. And a nice fella to boot
    • Player of the year (all divisions) - Wayne Rooney, Barca. 28 goals, 24 assists in 36 games on the way to the D2 title. I know he's my player, but what a bloody signing.
    • Young Player of the year (all divisions) - Lorenzo Insigne - based purely on MOTM awards.
    • Best Transfer - Rooney & de Gea deal??
    • Worst Transfer - will get back to this.
    • Easiest Manager to do transfers with - I haven't had a huge amount this season, so will get back to this as well.
    • Worst Manager to do transfers with - Liverpool, even though I haven't attempted a deal with him.... There's a reason.
    • Most Annoying Manager - See above.
    • Best forum poster of the year.. - Kersplat - No idea how many exclamation marks i should be using.
    • Biggest up set -
    • Best "rivalry" of the season - Is it boring to say the obvious one? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Beefy78 wrote: »

Dont forget best cup runner up! ;-)

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    • Overall Manager of the year (all divisions) - Iago - What a job at Newcastle. And a nice fella to boot
    • Player of the year (all divisions) - Wayne Rooney, Barca. 28 goals, 24 assists in 36 games on the way to the D2 title. I know he's my player, but what a bloody signing.
    • Young Player of the year (all divisions) - Lorenzo Insigne - based purely on MOTM awards.
    • Best Transfer - Rooney & de Gea deal??
    • Worst Transfer - will get back to this.
    • Easiest Manager to do transfers with - I haven't had a huge amount this season, so will get back to this as well.
    • Worst Manager to do transfers with - Liverpool, even though I haven't attempted a deal with him.... There's a reason.
    • Most Annoying Manager - See above.
    • Best forum poster of the year.. - Kersplat - No idea how many exclamation marks i should be using.
    • Biggest up set -
    • Best "rivalry" of the season - Is it boring to say the obvious one? :D

Oh you! *blushes* :D

Just the one exclamation mark :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MOD NOTE:

I've taken out the "Most Annoying Award" as chances are it'll just lead to further uncivil behaviour down the line, and hence further headaches for myself and Mac as all it takes is one member to take it the wrong way.

P.S If your post was edited by myself, please don't take offence!

:):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Whoops! Did I kill the thread or something? :D :pac:

Forgot about this...

I'll post mine tomorrow, personally I don't think any of the categories should be off limits as it's blatantly set up as a bit of banter.....

But sure

Edit: in fact I'm pretty sure I'd get a few nominations for the most annoying and I'd actually be pretty disgusted if I didn't, all it means is I'm chasing down deals!!!!!!!!

Wilberto wrote: »
    Whoops! Did I kill the thread or something? :D :pac:

Yes you did, and you shall never be forgiven :mad::mad:

Mwuhaha!! :cool:

Sure of we close it up now that'd do grand!

Oh would ya look at that!! I win best poster \o/

:p

Overall Manager of the year (all divisions) - GT, don't !mean this in a bad way but he's surrounded by team a that have far higher rated players than him and he's punching above his weight very very well!!
    Player of the year (all divisions) Rooney, inspired signing for Barca, tearing it up
    Young Player of the year (all divisions) - Iturbe, played a lot of games for me, scored a few and lots of assists
    Best Transfer - Neymar, bias I know and I prob overpaid but for a 22 year old 93 rated player to go down 2 divisions I reckon that's in with a shout
    Worst Transfer - Arslan
    Easiest Manager to do transfers with - Tie City/Porto
    Worst Manager to do transfers with - Liverpool/Everton, just no point
    Most Annoying Manager - me
    Best forum poster of the year.. - Athletic Club, its not about quantity but quality
    Biggest up set - PSV going down...
    Best "rivalry" of the season - City and Atletico just for the way it swung last day! Brilliant stuff

Overall Manager of the year (all divisions) - Perrin - back to back promotions is a fantastic achievement in this GW - well palyed Sir!
    Player of the year (all divisions) Has to be Rooney - topped scoring chart and assist chart in Div 2, but an honourable mention for Eto'o who almost single handedly fired Flamengo into Div 2
    Young Player of the year (all divisions) - Immobile - 20+ goals is a great return
    Best Transfer - Yaya Toure
    Worst Transfer - my decision to sell Eto'o for 15m and Oviedo, didn't think for a moment he would turn up at Everton, assumed he would go to a Spanish mid-table team, so I let him go on the cheap
    Easiest Manager to do transfers with - Sunderland (BFF's)
    Worst Manager to do transfers with - Hmmm, can name about 10 teams here but I'll plump for all the managers who let bids hang and don't answer PM's - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!
    Most Annoying Manager - There are one or two but I'm going to stump for Swoody simply because those GIF's are destroying my 6 year old laptop and making it slower than David Beckham in an IQ test.
    Best forum poster of the year.. - Wilberto always makes me laugh
    Biggest up set - FC Twente winning Div 3 - thought it would be Lazio's all day long!
    Best "rivalry" of the season - He Who Must Not Be Named vs Everyone

Advertisement