Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kid going full diva on tv

Options
  • 03-11-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find this disturbing? What's messed up is that there's people encouraging this behaviour calling him brave etc. Can they not see how inappropriate that kind of behaviour is for a child his age? He's a kid ffs.

The sexualisation of children these days make me sick. I'd feel the same if it was a girl btw and despise those beauty pageants for little girls.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What's happening in the video

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

bluewolf wrote: »

Why don't you try watching it instead me having to explain it to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

magma69 wrote: »

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

You fapped in my cornflakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

bluewolf wrote: »

Nothing, some kid striking a few poses. How the **** anyone can consider it "disturbing" or "messed up" is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The sexualisation of children these days make me sick.

Where's the sexualisation? It's some kid acting the gob****e in front on a TV camera. Pretty large leap from that to decrying the fall of Western morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Pretty sure she's wondering what the news report is about...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I live near where the clip was filmed, it was the opening of a new shopping centre. I don't find it disturbing at all. I cringed for the kid but I don't think his behaviour was overtly sexual. He's just being a diva as the title says, nothing sexual about it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

All I see is a young lad striking a few cringe worthy poses.

OP - you'd want to get your head examined if you find that sexualized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

That kid has become a minor celeb in the USA as a result of that clip.

There's an interview with him here.

God, he's irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I think he is fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP your reading far too much into this. Apparently he said that if he was infront of a camera, he would pose for fun. This is what he is doing. The kid is doing what he wants to do and not want society would like him to do.

Sometimes we all need to not give a **** about what some people think is important

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Smart social-media aware kid throwing a few poses knowing full well that it will give him a ton of attention.

OP...you seem like one of those people that feed into all the paranoid hysteria regarding dangers to children.
    Relax. Monsters are not hiding in every shadow waiting to jump out on passing kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The sexualisation of children these days make me sick. I'd feel the same if it was a girl btw and despise those beauty pageants for little girls.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    OP - you'd want to get your head examined if you find that sexualized.
    OP...you seem like one of those people that feed into all the paranoid hysteria regarding dangers to children.

+1 to these 2 responses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Does anyone else find this disturbing? What's messed up is that there's people encouraging this behaviour calling him brave etc. Can they not see how inappropriate that kind of behaviour is for a child his age? He's a kid ffs.

I think you have little to be worried about, it's just a young lad acting the maggot for the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Can they not see how inappropriate that kind of behaviour is for a child his age? He's a kid ffs.

The sexualisation of children these days make me sick.

Oh my GOD. Youre right! Lets ban all forms of self expression immediately! ESPECIALLY DANCING.
    /Sarcasm

Catch yourself on OP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,235 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Does anyone else find this disturbing?

The only thing disturbing is the fact that you find it disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Another interview with him here - there's actually a bit of depth to him once we get beyond the celebrity/fashion froth (6.00 onwards or so, when he's calmed down a bit).

Unlike some youtube viral wonders, I've a feeling we're going to be hearing a lot more of Brendan in the years to come - hope it all works out well for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

However it is unfortunate :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DuMorph

I think the appropriate response would be to cringe in sympathy for the kid's future self.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Watched 20seconds of that kids interview, and I wanted to punch him in the face. Head wrecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Smart social-media aware kid throwing a few poses knowing full well that it will give him a ton of attention.

Sounds like a good boot in the hole would sort him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OP if that disturbs you then you really need to take a step back and have a long look at yourself. A kid making shapes in front of a camera. A kid being a kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Advertisement