Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPL/PPL Australia

Options
  • 03-11-2014 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi
    Anybody completed their training in Australia.
    And does anybody know is it a necessity to complete a recreational pilots license before the private pilots license?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

No the rpl is for those who don't want or need the full PPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

I learned to fly in Oz, always remember your Density Altitude !!

out of interest where are you training ?

I passed my GPFT (rpl) to allow me out and around to our training area.

I would have thought this a necessity for practice and training but I am of course open to correction as it was many moons ago.

Your instructor will tell you the current situation, or if you are still deciding then the school itself.

Any other questions on flying in Oz let us know , such a G.A. friendly place

Safe Skies,

Fionn

• Registered Users Posts: 19 james2015

Hi Fionn,I have done 2 hrs in Toowomba, seems a good spot. Darling downs aero club is it's name. However when I weigh up the cost against let's say Florida or Spain there is quite a big difference. But i will be in Australia for the next 2 years anyway so might just do a few when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

Hi James,

How was the first 2 hours for you ? Nice view from the front :-)

Just a few thoughts, Are you thinking of learning for fun ? then take a look at microlight or ultralight clubs in the area. quite a cheap way to fly.

If you're going commercial then Oz is a great place for hour building but you'll need the normal flight training school for that.

Also , since you are in Oz itself for 2 years then there is plenty of General Aviation activity and training there will most likely open more doors for you.

hope this helps,
    Fionn

Advertisement