Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minevention Galway with Dan TDM

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Never heard of any of it, but that obem site had signed up to spam some stuff before here on Boards about Minecraft I think.

I hope it goes well for them, but I don't know if I'd call 5 hours in a hotel a convention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Very suspect. I reckon it will just be kids queueing up for hours for an autograph and a photo and not much else.

Bit I really don't like:

You will get to meet and greet your favourite YouTubers and have your photo taken in our MineVention Photobooth!

Will you have to pay for photos?

Not to keen on wording here either:

If you are under 14, you must have a paying parent or guardian with you. No exceptions.

My kids have gotten wind of it now and I don't want to seem like an ogre not letting them go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

The Kids went to Minvention in Galway on Sunday. They really enjoyed it. Mainly meeting the YouTubers. Queues were not that bad and YouTubers mingled after the signing sessions were over so everyone got a change to meet and chat. There was a bit of merchandise and little else but I reckon each one will improve as the event develops.

Advertisement