Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move phonewatch sensor from old door to new door

Options
  • 03-11-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have a phonewatch Simon wireless alarm, and am getting a new front door next month.
    Is moving the sensor from the old door to the new door as simple as:

- Open panel on control box, put in code
    - Open sensor on front door, unscrew from door
    - Remove magnets from door frame, stick them to the sensor temporarily

- Then on new door, screw magnet to frame and screw sensor to door
    - Test by opening/closing door

Or is there more to it? Any issues with warranty/am I voiding the contract by doing this? Phonewatch would charge me for this work, which I want to avoid if it is as simple as above.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

m0nsterie wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have a phonewatch Simon wireless alarm, and am getting a new front door next month.
    Is moving the sensor from the old door to the new door as simple as:

- Open panel on control box, put in code
    - Open sensor on front door, unscrew from door
    - Remove magnets from door frame, stick them to the sensor temporarily

- Then on new door, screw magnet to frame and screw sensor to door
    - Test by opening/closing door

Or is there more to it? Any issues with warranty/am I voiding the contract by doing this? Phonewatch would charge me for this work, which I want to avoid if it is as simple as above.

Thanks

Pretty much yes that is the procedure, take a picture of the sensor and magnet as currently fitted so that they go back the same way on relation to how they are aligned. Also just watch the distance between the door and frame just in case there is a bigger gap on the new door, you may need to step the magnet out to align with the sensor.
    If I were you I would take the cover off the sensor first let the panel freak out and then put in your code to shut it up.

Of course PW will claim that you have voided the contract, but then you are one of the lucky ones with a GE Simon panel, any installer can take over the servicing of this panel and even connect you to another monitoring station for probably half the price you are currently paying.

So you are in a position to tell them get stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Yep as easy as that.. If you're in a contract with phone watch I'd drop the lid as they might try and charge you if they get a tamper alarm

Advertisement