Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juvenile uneven

Options
  • 03-11-2014 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a copy of yesterdays results?

Also just curious to peoples opinions. A top kid turned up from a different province yesterday to race as a guest in Dublin. They won which meant the Dublin champ for that age group crossed the line 2nd. Seems unfair?
    Guests imo should only be allowed in league/micky mouse races not your province champs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

No sign of the results yet.

I've no problem with guests running, as long as everyone else in the race is aware they are guests. I guess that's easier to manage as the competitors get older. I think Dublin kids have guested in the Leinster champs in recent years (and that's another argument right there...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Also just curious to peoples opinions. A top kid turned up from a different province yesterday to race as a guest in Dublin. They won which meant the Dublin champ for that age group crossed the line 2nd. Seems unfair?
    Guests imo should only be allowed in league/micky mouse races not your province champs

I understand why it might look a bit off but it seems to happen at adult level in other county and provincial champs on xc and track (with Dublin athletes often guesting).

I didn't think it would even arise at juvenile level but presumably there would have to be a specific rule to ban it for juvenile if it's allowed at adult level?

The Dublin track champs are run as part of the graded series so there's probably something similar there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

I wasn't there myself but when looking at pics I felt sorry for the kid in 2nd as their thunder was stolen.

At juvenile level it should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

attached

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

We allow guests compete in the XC champs, but:
    1. They wear a G (front and back)
    2. They get filtered off before the finishing chute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement