Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Tour Finals 2014.

Options
  • 03-11-2014 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

World Tour Finals starts next Sunday at 2pm and tbh, I am really looking forward to it as London's O2 Arena is great venue plus put on a great event.

Reckon winner will be either Roger or Novak, most likely Novak going by way he has played at Paris Masters.

Wawrinka may struggle as he not really played consistently well this year, same goes for Berdych, other guys most likely to beat them.

Nishikori, Raonic and Cilic welcome additions to event and may cause top guys trouble, especially Milos with his massive serve.

Home hope Andy Murray (fellow Scot) has had a hectic 6weeks just to qualify so not sure how fresh he will be but his game has come on since Wimbledon/US Open time so a semi not out of question imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Looking forward to this!! Nishikori and Murray are playing first tomorrow in singles (I think). Not sure how that'll go...I've been really impressed by Kei this year.

Raonic-Federer is in the evening.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Good start by Nishikori, but Murray was awful. Kei will have to do something with his serve, 38% first serves in at one stage, and it's not as if its fearsome when it does go in. If he does that against Fed it could be fairly bruising for him.

Another day, another straight sets win. Kinda getting boring now. WTA Finals were so much more exciting.

Can't see past a Djokovic-Federer final

• Registered Users Posts: 54,598 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Where did Ferrer come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

walshb wrote: »
    Where did Ferrer come from?

Exactly my question ??

:confused:

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/en/scores-centre/group-standings

5 players in Group B ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Raonic is injured so a reserve has filled in, and that would be Ferrer as he finished 10th in the race (nadal already out).

The ATP normally has 2 reserves ready to fill in when this happens as the ladies tour finals.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Nishikori was brilliant yesterday against Ferrer. I'd say Ferrer really felt his age coming off the court, with the runaround he got.

Fed's through. Love to see him get title 7 tomorrow.

Absolutely disgusted with that
    Stan must be gutted and rightly so

Disgusting black mark on tennis tonight , meanwhile some slave maid is looking after 4 kids who barely know their parents

DISGUSTING

walshb wrote: »
    Fed's through. Love to see him get title 7 tomorrow.

Yeah xos that would be just great for tennis wouldn't it ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

the_monkey wrote: »
    Absolutely disgusted with that
    Stan must be gutted and rightly so

Disgusting black mark on tennis tonight , meanwhile some slave maid is looking after 4 kids who barely know their parents

DISGUSTING

just following the score online , what happened ?

Dunno
    Some kids were asking for their mum
    But the fat bitch was watching her greedy prick husband robbing a tennis match

I take it you dislike the Family Federer ?

Dunno
    Some kids were asking for their mum
    But the fat bitch was watching her greedy prick husband robbing a tennis match

C'mon, that venom is uncalled for and not really befitting this forum.

Pfft , Djokovic should ( I say should ) win tomorrow , but the amount of luck Federer has , Federer in 3 after saving 10 match points and then winning it on his jammy first

Pfft , Djokovic should ( I say should ) win tomorrow , but the amount of luck Federer has , Federer in 3 after saving 10 match points and then winning it on his jammy first

Of course it is all luck and no skill in saving 10 match points :) of course it is !

A set down to win can't be put down to luck.

You seem stressed the_monkey. Have some time off. I'm sound like that.

Note to everyone else, try not to reply to their venomous posts. It ain't worth it!

Federer withdraws from the final due to injury. Real pity but tbh you can't really compete with Djokovic at anything less than 100%; he's been fantastic this tournament! Roger probably also thinking about upcoming Davis Cup.

Andy Murray will play Novak Djokovic in exhibition. Pat Cash, John McEnroe and Tim Henman also joining in. Not a final but really nice of the organisers to put something together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Was really looking forward to the game, even though Roger was likely to be pretty tired. Back injury is pretty concerning too, it'd be terrible that he can't keep up his current form because his back is niggling and he's back to 2013.

At least though we can officially say Roger has a leading H2H against Novak for the year :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

Stan should not bother showing up for the Davis Cup Final ..

• Advertisement

Moved Tanya30's post to 2014 In Between Grand Slam Thread.

Advertisement