Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting some SPICE in your life can cause death.

Options
  • 03-11-2014 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

Looks like the new "buzz" drug Spice can cause you to die.

Drug sellers will sell anything to make a fast Ruble, with no reguard for life.

Russian newspapers and TV channels are increasingly worried about the drug's rapid spread, which has awoken memories of the drug "krokodil."

A 26-year old told Russian news channel RT that he had seen others getting addicted very fast. "Because of those chemicals that are used in it, it brings damage to your system straight away," he told the media outlet.

It is cheap and looks like marijuana, but it can have a lethal impact: the drug "spice" is making headlines in Russia. As of October 7, there had been at least two dozen deaths and 700 people hospitalised, according to Viktor Ivanov, the Director of Russia's Federal Narcotics Service. The drug is made up of cannabis substitutes, as well as chemicals, and is dissolved in tea. After being smoked, it can easily cause poisoning or lead to respiratory failure.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/spice-the-new-drug-craze-that-is-killing-people-in-russia-20141023-11a7kp.html#ixzz3HyBDL3Cm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

It's not exactly new.

But it is horrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Granted the thread title wasn't the most obvious, but this -

old_aussie wrote: »
    Looks like the new "buzz" drug Spice can cause you to die.

Should hardly come as news to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Is this the same stuff that was available in head shops over here? I don't remember there being any fatalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I hear CAKE is pretty bad too. I wouldn't go any further than Clarkycat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

kowloon wrote: »
    I hear CAKE is pretty bad too. I wouldn't go any further than Clarkycat.

CAKE is a made up drug, I wouldn't touch the stuff, czech neck sounds like a truly horrible way to go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

its a ****ing disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Its the Emperors own fault he should have let the Atreides control of the lucrative spice-mining operations on Arrakis and never gotten the Harkonnen involved. Baron Vladimir Harkonnen shouldn't have been trusted. He who controls the spice controls the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

How bad is it/what does it do? As soon as I saw it was in Russia I didn't wanna look up anything, especially after krokodil was mentioned since I remember a video that scarred me for life where a woman's flesh on her legs and arms were basically eroding and doctors were removing it and bandaging it up, could even see the bone. Jesus. Heroin seems like a cocktail compared to that sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You become braindead for about 20 minutes. Not quite the same as being stoned.

Tastes horrific, unnatural, chemically. I had it like 8 years ago ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I tried it when it was out here, but stopped after the palpitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I tried it a few time in the age of the headshops. Horrible horrible taste, kinda like manky cinnamon. It gets you 'stoned' but not high. You just feel sh1tty and groggy and then when it wears off, you feel sh1tty and tired for ages afterwards

I don't know anyone who could get addicted to this stuff. If it wasn't for the fact that real weed was hard to get at the time, i wouldn't have gone anywhere near it, and real weed is far safer than this muck, thanks politicians!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Any yellow bentenes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I tried it once, my arm felt like a couple of fortnights in a bad balloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

How bad is it/what does it do? As soon as I saw it was in Russia I didn't wanna look up anything, especially after krokodil was mentioned since I remember a video that scarred me for life where a woman's flesh on her legs and arms were basically eroding and doctors were removing it and bandaging it up, could even see the bone. Jesus. Heroin seems like a cocktail compared to that sh!t.

There's no physical effects, like krocodil, you smoke it, you get stoned. But really not enjoyably stoned. I always though it was like getting advance stage Alzheimers in a couple of seconds. Truly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

There's no physical effects, like krocodil, you smoke it, you get stoned. But really not enjoyably stoned. I always though it was like getting advance stage Alzheimers in a couple of seconds. Truly awful.

It really is awful stuff. I used to get an immediate pounding headache, and heart palpitations within a couple of minutes.

I can't see anyone getting addicted to it, you'd be better off smoking banana skins, at least you have some idea what's in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Doc wrote: »
    Its the Emperors own fault he should have let the Atreides control of the lucrative spice-mining operations on Arrakis and never gotten the Harkonnen involved. Baron Vladimir Harkonnen shouldn't have been trusted. He who controls the spice controls the universe.

...the Duke will die before these eyes and he'll know, he'll know, that it is I, Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, who encompasses his doom!

Advertisement