Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 years 11 days Protests in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

JeffK88 wrote: »
    So according to the well trusted ste Wikipedia. Ireland currently has the longest running known protest movement in world. Interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_protests

Are the orangemen not still pricking around with a token protest for the garvahy road in the north...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I presume it's referring to austerity measures' protests but I would not count that as an ongoing protest.

Oh, it is elaborated on;

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–14_Irish_protests

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Judging by the others on the list. It looks to be protests at a National level not just local or regional protests

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thats quite daft.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Internet activism? Wooooo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

How is Ming doing these days? He was a great one for the protesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

diomed wrote: »
    How is Ming doing these days? He was a great one for the protesting.

Ah sure didnt he sell out after getting that mep seat? I'm not sure he's even ming flanigan anymore, hang on an i check

Excuse me are you - feck off!!!

Tis himself alright :pac:

Advertisement