Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider Living In Ear For A Week

Options
  • 02-11-2014 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

From the RTE website, a singer called Katie Melua realised a spider was living in her ear for a week after hearing shuffling and random noises
    So much for the itsy bitsy spider climbing up the waterspout! Katie Melua has revealed that a doctor removed a spider from her ear, which had been living there for a week.
    The 30-year-old Nine Million Bicycles singer posted a video of the spider on her Instagram account, she wrote: ''So I had a rustling in my ear for a week and went to the doctor to have it checked out this morning. THIS little fella is what they found!''
    Explaining the odd situation on the social networking site, she said: ''Basically I used these old in-ear monitors to block out sound on a flight, little spider must have been in them and crawled inside my ear and stayed there for the week.
    ''It was no hassle at all, apart from the occasional shuffling noises...''
    She added: "Though the thing looked TERRIFYING up-close on the doctor's camera, once he took him out ( using a micro Hoover ) it was pretty small, and now its in this little test tube, alive and seemingly fine.''
    Katie's rep further revealed that the arachnid is now in a safe place, saying: ''Katie kept it in the test tube and released it in her garden when she got home.
    ''Apart from shuffling and random noises in her ear, the spider was no bother for the entire week it lived there.''

Jesus Christ!! :eek: That last quote is extraordinary. "The spider was no bother"?!? Yeah, except for the fact that it's LIVING IN YOUR EAR!!

RTE has a picture of the thing http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/1102/656409-singer-katie-melua-finds-spider-living-in-her-ear/

Crazy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

NOPE NOPE NOPE

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

No need for that whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Amazing the things you'll find on the web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A spider flew into my ear one night. I had to pour olive oil into my ear to drown it because I could feel it moving. It felt like it pinched my eardrum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

A spider flew into my ear one night. I had to pour olive oil into my ear to drown it because I could feel it moving. It felt like it pinched my eardrum

Spiders fly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Flying spiders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Imagine it laid some eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Flying spiders?

An insect then. If I saw what it looked like it wouldn't be in my ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭DeadHand

An insect then. If I saw what it looked like it wouldn't be in my ear.

Spiders get blamed for everything.

A few days ago there was a thread by a woman detailing with great pride and hilarity her torturing and killing a harmless spider much to the amused approval of a lot of other posters.

Why all the spider-hate, people?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

a singer called Katie Melua

"a singer called Katie Melua" ? Shes quite famous you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DeadHand wrote: »

Why all the spider-hate, people?

A horrible bunch of pricks, the lot of them. Much like cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Looks like a jumping spider. You'd have to wonder what it was eating for that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Ffs!!! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Imagine it laid some eggs.

There are nine million arachnids in my ear
    That's a fact,
    It's a thing we can't deny
    They will eat my brain and I'm going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Good looking girl is Katie Melua.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The things people will do to become a celebrity eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

So, that's why she can't sing in tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Ugh all the spider stories recently are disgusting, its getting worse we need a big freeze to kill them all! Horrible little b@stards!

If id had one in my ear id wash but id never be clean!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I bet Norah Jones will want one now.

Living with that thing in her ear for a week? Probably the closest thing to crazy that she's ever been.

• Advertisement
Advertisement