Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallbach January

Options
  • 02-11-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭

RIght sallbach booked,17/24 January.going Diy ,flights Dublin Salzburg ,private transfer 72 euro return and staying at the sonnalp hotel half board.hotel looks really nice Usually don't go half board but got a good deal 600 euro for the week.has a pool and spa also which is an added bonus..ski area looks pretty good,happy enough cruising around on blues and reds with the occasional black(not keen on them though!!).so any tips for good runs après spots etc gladly appreciated!!!.started checking out webcams already,Can't wait!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

mahoney_j wrote: »
    RIght sallbach booked,17/24 January.going Diy ,flights Dublin Salzburg ,private transfer 72 euro return and staying at the sonnalp hotel half board.hotel looks really nice Usually don't go half board but got a good deal 600 euro for the week.has a pool and spa also which is an added bonus..ski area looks pretty good,happy enough cruising around on blues and reds with the occasional black(not keen on them though!!).so any tips for good runs après spots etc gladly appreciated!!!.started checking out webcams already,Can't wait!!!

Goatstall, in Hinterglem for après, about €20 in a taxi between 4/5

Bobbies bar & Hinterhag alm in Saalbach. Bobbies has a mini bowling alley and pool tables

Run 2a (I think) is a massive 5/6 KM in length and really nice and cruisy

53/52 red and blue are great little runs the red and blacks under the Schaterberg express are great especially first thing in the morning.

Black 14 is one of the most fun and diverse pistes I have skied dependig on conditions and the stuff facing it across the road on the opposite side of the valley are great crusy runs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Sounds good MJ, I'm still trying to get together a group for early Jan in Soll myself, might check out sallbach also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Timmaay wrote: »
    Sounds good MJ, I'm still trying to get together a group for early Jan in Soll myself, might check out sallbach also!

I did Soll with a few friends in jan'12 and jan'13. Pretty good resort, but not the party capital that I thought it was going to be. Huge ski area once u get right up into the mountains though, u could do a whole day and rarely do any run twice. Plenty restaurants, and good value, def not an expensive resort. Only one nightclub though. All in all I'd still recommend it, and it's full of irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

I did Soll with a few friends in jan'12 and jan'13. Pretty good resort, but not the party capital that I thought it was going to be. Huge ski area once u get right up into the mountains though, u could do a whole day and rarely do any run twice. Plenty restaurants, and good value, def not an expensive resort. Only one nightclub though. All in all I'd still recommend it, and it's full of irish!

Aahh the solitary nightclub is an advantage really. Keeps all the scandal in one place- much easier for the mountain grapevine to keep up with all the gossip ;)

Advertisement