Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler pressure/Filling loop question

Options
  • 02-11-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey there!

I have a problem with the boiler in our aparment. We only have cold water at the moment so I was looking for a solution. It turns out that most of the time this is simply the pressure on the boiler. Our boiler is in the kitchen while the hotpress is in an extra room.

I found the filling loop on the hotpress and upped the pressure accordingly. It is now between 1 and 1,5 bar. Now the problem is that the pressue on the boiler still is at around zero.

My question is: shouldn't the pressure on the boiler go up as well? Do I have to do something on top of that? Is there boiler broken?

I also made a few pictures and will post them as soon as I figure out how.

Any help would be truly appreciated!

EDIT: some photos:

i.im gur. com/z6SlbNO.jpg

i.im gur. com/cHGtMTC.jpg

i.im gur. com/m67xZxH.jpg <- photo from below

i.im gur. com/53cOaT5.jpg

PS: the "ON" LED on the boiler is in fact glowing, but my camera flash makes it look like it is not.

Please remove the space between im and gur. I am not able to post pictures or links yet :/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Cobaltblue wrote: »
    Hey there!

I have a problem with the boiler in our aparment. We only have cold water at the moment so I was looking for a solution. It turns out that most of the time this is simply the pressure on the boiler. Our boiler is in the kitchen while the hotpress is in an extra room.

I found the filling loop on the hotpress and upped the pressure accordingly. It is now between 1 and 1,5 bar. Now the problem is that the pressue on the boiler still is at around zero.

My question is: shouldn't the pressure on the boiler go up as well? Do I have to do something on top of that? Is there boiler broken?

I also made a few pictures and will post them as soon as I figure out how.

Any help would be truly appreciated!

EDIT: some photos:

i.im gur. com/z6SlbNO.jpg

i.im gur. com/cHGtMTC.jpg

i.im gur. com/m67xZxH.jpg <- photo from below

i.im gur. com/53cOaT5.jpg

PS: the "ON" LED on the boiler is in fact glowing, but my camera flash makes it look like it is not.

Please remove the space between im and gur. I am not able to post pictures or links yet :/

The gauge at the boiler may be faulty, is the boiler running now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cobaltblue

Hey! Thanks for the reply. Nothing has changed though. Still only cold water. I also did not change any setting on the boiler. Is it possible that we have to "restart" it somehow to work?

Advertisement