Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Christmas books?

• 02-11-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ IrishGurll

I've just finished Skipping Christmas by John Grisham, the movie Christmas with the Kranks is based on it.
    I really enjoyed it, very festive! :)
    I'm looking for some recommendations for other Festive books?
    Thank's in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭ amen

"A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭ lazygal

This Year it Will be Different, a collection of Christmas themed short stories by Maeve Binchy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

I’m bumping this due to Inspiration from Jude.

https://www.amazon.com/Autobiography-Santa-Claus-Revised-Christmas/dp/158542448X

I’ve never heard of this book but I’m loving the sounds of it. Has anyone read it and does anyone else have any other recommendations for Christmas books?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭ odyssey06

From non-fiction shelf...
    Christmas Chronicles by Nigel Slater (don't read on an empty stomach or it'll be pure torture!)
    It's Earlier 'Tis Getting: The Christmas Book of Irish Mammies by Colm O'Regan
    Winter: Five Windows on the Season by Adam Gopnik

Advertisement