Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voluntary work

Options
  • 01-11-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

so I applied recently for some volunteering with my local charity shop, anyone on here have any experiences with this type of work??? im aware there is a forum dedicated to this subject but I was looking for an after hours perspective, and because im kind've in love with you all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Be like working in a shop, albeit for no pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Ooo you're gonna feel all glowy and warm inside:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I'm married.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ah smart one, loads of free clothes and stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

A chugger in the making

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I'm married.

Thats nice.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I'm married.

Want to have an affair?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Want to have an affair?

Group orgy in Vincents?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Group orgy in Vincents?

Sounds like a plan. We'll all go in, donate our clothes(that we'll be wearing) and then get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You've started three threads on different subjects...you're a busy bee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Want to have an affair?

Yeah sure why not. PM me.

It's exactly like a job but without the contract, or the pay, or the kudos, or the security or the taxes or the benefits or the prospects or the power.

But it does make you feel good and helps people.

Advertisement