Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going away - pub needed!

Options
  • 01-11-2014 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

So I'm leaving the country and having a bit of a going away do in Dublin, I was just wondering does anyone know where a good spot would be on a Thursday or Saturday - basically the criteria to make it "good" are 1) cheap enough, 2) doesn't become a club atmosphere (loud music, lack of space) after a certain time. I'm basically looking for a cheap-ish, quiet pub ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

A friend of mine had a 21st in MacTurcaills on Townsend Street a few years back.

He was able to reserve an area for his party.

Pints were cheap, there wasn't loud music (I think). The crowd felt like a mix of older folk and young people on the night.

It's wasn't really fancy but not terrible. Might be what you're looking for.

Of course it was a few years ago so maybe check it out before booking. Things could well have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Awesome, that sounds pretty good! I'll check it out!

Advertisement