Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters

Options
  • 01-11-2014 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

I've not seen a lot of this afternoon's darts because I was watching football(bad decision!) but heres the results/schedule
    Saturday November 1
    Afternoon Session (12.45pm-5pm)

First Round x4
    Peter Wright 7-10 Justin Pipe
    Dave Chisnall 10-8 Robert Thornton
    Simon Whitlock 7-10 Mervyn King
    Adrian Lewis 10-4 Kim Huybrechts

Evening Session (7pm-11pm)
    First Round x4
    James Wade v Brendan Dolan
    Phil Taylor v Wes Newton
    Michael van Gerwen v Raymond van Barneveld
    Gary Anderson v Andy Hamilton

Sunday November 2
    Afternoon Session (12.45pm-5pm)

Quarter-Finals
    Mervyn King v Justin Pipe
    Wade/Dolan v Lewis/Huybrechts
    Taylor/Newton v Anderson/Hamilton
    van Gerwen/van Barneveld v Dave Chisnall

Evening Session (7pm-11pm)
    Semi-Finals
    Final

I can see Wade,Taylor,MVG & Anderson winning through from tonights games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Not so bad, my evening/Sunday is sorted. Good to see more darts on ITV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

mvg squeezed through... camera work is terrible,darts decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

James Wade 10-5 Brendan Dolan
    Phil Taylor 10-4 Wes Newton
    Michael van Gerwen 10-9 Raymond van Barneveld
    Gary Anderson 10-7 Andy Hamilton

Well all the favorites through but very close from MVG. Barney a lot better today than last week, it looks like he can't play for 2/3 days in a row without fading drastically.

wade beats taylor 11-9 in first semi, really has turned a corner in his career it seems,upped his game , crowd booing taylor and he tries to use it to delay wade in final leg.. such a bad looser that man

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

What a come back from wadey. 5-0 down. 9-2 down. King moaning about wade after, must hunt losing after that lead still no need for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

king is some clown
    great standard again like last weeknd

What a comeback from Wade! King looked exhausted at about 9-4 but I never thought Wade would have caught him nevermind beat him.
    Delighted to see Wade winning his 1st major in 3 years, that should see him safely back into premier league next season.

Wasn't sure about King's reaction to Wade at the end. I think Wade was celebrating winning the tournament not over doing hitting a double. Its not like he done anything throughout the rest of the game. Bit of bad loser from King but I think he was more angry at himself than Wade.

Loved Wade's antics playing Taylor at his own game :D beat it up the powaaaa lol

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Delighted for Wade after all he has been through (and what a georgeous girlfriend he has) but what a choker that King is and really left himself down with his antics after. Why he was giving out to Wade celabrating his victory i dont know i am gone totally off that guy now.

sammy37 wrote: »
    Delighted for Wade after all he has been through (and what a georgeous girlfriend he has) but what a choker that King is and really left himself down with his antics after. Why he was giving out to Wade celabrating his victory i dont know i am gone totally off that guy now.

I woulda been in the king supporters camp and disliked wade..but the last few tournaments has seen a different wade..not just his darts...his demenour ..

Massive credit to him.. king has gone down in my estimation.. but his darts have also improved this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Pleased for Wade, he played from great darts and keep his head against Phil and one he started to claw back one or two legs against King then it always looked like it would win.

I don't know what Taylor's problem is....no point acknowledging the crowd and getting involved. I think he saw the writing on the wall and decided to get his excuse in. Wade did the right thing and kept his head down.

Surely Wade is a cert now for the PL probably at the expense of Thornton.

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »
    Pleased for Wade, he played from great darts and keep his head against Phil and one he started to claw back one or two legs against King then it always looked like it would win.

I don't know what Taylor's problem is....no point acknowledging the crowd and getting involved. I think he saw the writing on the wall and decided to get his excuse in. Wade did the right thing and kept his head down.

Surely Wade is a cert now for the PL probably at the expense of Thornton.

I really wish one player who beats him whips off the board for him to sign after and hands it to someone in the crowd...just once

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

I really wish one player who beats him whips off the board for him to sign after and hands it to someone in the crowd...just once

Manley did it after he whipped him in the PL in 2008 I think it was.

I think when King went "Really? Really?" after Wade threw the winning double, he was saying like "You've really won that?"

I don't think it was too bad, he was just devastated and in shock.

He was quite gracious when he spoke to Matt Clark, even if his behaviour was a little off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

dartsfan wrote: »
    Manley did it after he whipped him in the PL in 2008 I think it was.

I think when King went "Really? Really?" after Wade threw the winning double, he was saying like "You've really won that?"

I don't think it was too bad, he was just devastated and in shock.

He was quite gracious when he spoke to Matt Clark, even if his behaviour was a little off

King looked a bit silly at the end, he had plenty of match doubles and blew it and I think the 'really...really' was more aimed at himself. Saying he was going to 'plot his death' was a bit ill-advised though!

I know Wade didn't want to rub it after seeing King blow the lead but he played a great tournament and a great comeback so if it had been me I'd be over the moon.

gramar wrote: »
    King looked a bit silly at the end, he had plenty of match doubles and blew it and I think the 'really...really' was more aimed at himself. Saying he was going to 'plot his death' was a bit ill-advised though!

I think he just has a different sense of humor. It seemed to me he was just saying that about Wade because he's won multiple majors compared to King winning none, whenever they were announcing the winners you could quite clearly see King turn to Wade as if to say "you've won 8 and not let me win that for my 1st" before pretending to headlock him.

I used to dislike King especially when he used to make quite a big deal out of the crowd but he's got his earplugs now and he just gets on with the game rather than stopping or letting things get to him. He would be a solid player if he got himself back into the PL, he done well before.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Does anyone know if this was a ranked tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this was a ranked tournament?

Pretty sure it wasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

kind was fairly drunk by the look of it after the match

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDC_Order_of_Merit

Definitely not a ranking tournament

Advertisement