Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imitation christmas tree

Options
  • 01-11-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭

Rather than paying e50 every year for a tree then dumping it 3 weeks later I'm looking for a good quality imitation, but at a reasonable price.saw one in bts for 220 which was exactly what I'm looking for- is it necessary to pay that much though? Can anyone suggest quality alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

damian139 wrote: »
    Rather than paying e50 every year for a tree then dumping it 3 weeks later I'm looking for a good quality imitation, but at a reasonable price.saw one in bts for 220 which was exactly what I'm looking for- is it necessary to pay that much though? Can anyone suggest quality alternatives?

Woodies. They had 20% off last week think it's over now but in sure they wi do it again in the next few weeks.
    Homebase, b&q.
    Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Yeah thanks. My experience is that trees from those stores tend to look obviously fake, that's why I put this up. Google suggests a place in dundrum...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wendyk

there is a place in finglas , garden centre called Beechvista garden centre. They have the most fabulous trees there. they are roughly about €180 +, but tbh you get what you pay for.

It is just opposite the dog trust rehoming centre

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I bought one from Homebase a couple of years ago for €170. It's very realistic and recovers well from being shoved up in the attic in January (when I'm 'over' it and can't bother being careful!!). Bought another small one there in the sales for the front of the house last year and it's just as good as his big brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Button_y

I bought a tesco finest one at half price a couple of years ago. Its nice and full was a good size for where I wanted it for and does the job. In my opinion you can't replace the real thing with a fake but you can get some nice trees without paying out too much. I put up both :) I buy a real one from a local charity so don't mind as much then handing over the money.

• Advertisement

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dealz have them €8 & €15.

Topline Hardware also have them on offer,they have stores nationwide.

no offence, but i'm looking for something that doesn't look like it came from chernobyl.
    please take the time to read the original post

Advertisement