Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 31-10-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

The united house handicap looks a tough one to call. Katenko caught the eye at first glance but has no let up from the handicapper at all.

Merry king and grandads horse with a good claimer on board are taking the eye at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

The good doctor is in form at the moment and Ardkelly Witness gets in nicely at the bottom. Well backed already this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Got word for a horse earlier this weekend that's out at Downroyal tomorrow. Won't reveal it now, but will wait for the betting to come out tomorrow morning. Got absolutely slaughtered on here for giving information on a related horse last time (the horse won incidentally after seeing a lot of money). Because a lot of the headbangers seem to have left, I will share the tip early tomorrow. Not saying it'll win, but the info is first hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Got word for a horse earlier this weekend that's out at Downroyal tomorrow. Won't reveal it now, but will wait for the betting to come out tomorrow morning. Got absolutely slaughtered on here for giving information on a related horse last time (the horse won incidentally after seeing a lot of money). Because a lot of the headbangers seem to have left, I will share the tip early tomorrow. Not saying it'll win, but the info is first hand.

Don't worry about people whinging in her francie...if the info produces a winning horse they're always happy but if it doesn't they're whinging! Betting isnt called winning for a reason..Don't let them spoil it for the rest of us...if you fancy pm'ing me the horse that would be great ;-) as not sure how active ill be in the morning with a 2 year old knocking around!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

Francie i know its hard dealing with headbangers but try to ignore them
    This game aint bloody easy and they should appreciate abit of info

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Donncha in the 2:00 at Newmarket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Down Royal 2:30

I really can’t have Ma Filleule as favourite for this race as good and all as she was last year. Boston Bob will be very hard to beat in my eyes and has a perfect 111 record when running for the first time. He is steadily improving and is more of a 7/4 shot than a 7/2 shot here. I had First Lieutenant as the main danger but he hasn’t a good record fresh so everything points to 7/2 being great value for my selection here.

3 Points win 7/2 Various

Ascot 3:00

I’m going to take a risk here on Ted Spread at an overly generous 16/1 with StanJames. He looks to me to be coming back to form judging by his flat runs this year and his last completed hurdle race ready well of this mark . I just feel that price may well be too big and fit from good runs on the flat.

1 Point win 16/1 Stan James

Ascot 3:35

This is a strange race where is can’t really fancy anything with any conviction. The only horse I can’t rule out for value here is Cantlow . His 2nd in the Stewart Gold Cup at Cheltenham last December looks very high class form and he ran well until not staying in the Irish national after that. This 3mile trip should be perfect and if he is ready to go here 20/1 looks a very fair price.

1 Point win 20/1 Various

Ascot 1:15

Novice Hurdles aren’t my usual bag but Light Well seems to be overpriced here. He has some half decent flat and a decent first run over hurdles a long time ago but there doesn’t seem to be any real stars in this race and he looks worth a small bet at 33/1 as he may have some potential.

½ Point win 33/1 Generally

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gillamandango

Uncredible 4.10DR --As low as 8s, still available at 16s

Any word Francie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Any word Francie?

I think he posted earlier, but it has now been deleted

Not sure I should post it

Thanks

No Worries..I wouldnt post it if he took down the earlier post..Thanks anyways

• Advertisement

Aughavilly Sam in the 4:10 at Downroyal, loads of bookies going 40/1. Horse has been training very well but source says they won't know how good it is until its first run today. Obviously an e/w shot at that price, but this isn't a very strong bumper, so you never know.

abarkie wrote: »
    I think he posted earlier, but it has now been deleted

Not sure I should post it

Thanks
    :P

Was hoping we might see 50/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

aidankkk wrote: »
    Down Royal 2:30

I really can’t have Ma Filleule as favourite for this race as good and all as she was last year. Boston Bob will be very hard to beat in my eyes and has a perfect 111 record when running for the first time. He is steadily improving and is more of a 7/4 shot than a 7/2 shot here. I had First Lieutenant as the main danger but he hasn’t a good record fresh so everything points to 7/2 being great value for my selection here.

3 Points win 7/2 Various

Ascot 3:00

I’m going to take a risk here on Ted Spread at an overly generous 16/1 with StanJames. He looks to me to be coming back to form judging by his flat runs this year and his last completed hurdle race ready well of this mark . I just feel that price may well be too big and fit from good runs on the flat.

1 Point win 16/1 Stan James

Ascot 3:35

This is a strange race where is can’t really fancy anything with any conviction. The only horse I can’t rule out for value here is Cantlow . His 2nd in the Stewart Gold Cup at Cheltenham last December looks very high class form and he ran well until not staying in the Irish national after that. This 3mile trip should be perfect and if he is ready to go here 20/1 looks a very fair price.

1 Point win 20/1 Various

Ascot 1:15

Novice Hurdles aren’t my usual bag but Light Well seems to be overpriced here. He has some half decent flat and a decent first run over hurdles a long time ago but there doesn’t seem to be any real stars in this race and he looks worth a small bet at 33/1 as he may have some potential.

½ Point win 33/1 Generally

Good shout with the last one, not beaten far into third, was as big as 40/1 before the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This new Irish racecourse commentator is even worse than Des Scahill.

Going to give wayward prince another go at wetherby today..big ask but silviniaco conti needed a run last season and nicholls horses arent as forward as they were last year. It's a punt at a nice price, interesting to see Taquin de Seuil over 3m aswell

Doesn't seem to be much criteria around audio engagement to be a race commentator in Ireland!

Zarkandar wins over 3m in auteil against gemix and RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Don't think he's that new, is it Richard Pugh? He's been doing the Northern track's commentary on and off for a while now. Also writes on point to point for the Indo.

Aughavilly Sam in the 4:10 at Downroyal, loads of bookies going 40/1. Horse has been training very well but source says they won't know how good it is until its first run today. Obviously an e/w shot at that price, but this isn't a very strong bumper, so you never know.
    Sorry lads, looks like I picked the wrong 40/1 shot :( Aughavilly Sam ran very green I thought, looked like it needed to be stepped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah a lot of them were green, race was wide open, unraced horses always going to be a shot in the dark, thanks anyway

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, looks like I picked the wrong 40/1 shot :( Aughavilly Sam ran very green I thought, looked like it needed to be stepped up.

Not at a all francie...ran well most of the way! All green horses

Advertisement