Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend break in a schengen country

Options
  • 31-10-2014 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi ppl,

I am Indian passport holder and I am planning to visit Belgium in Jan-2015. Hence, I will be applying for Schengen visa. I am also planning to have few weekend breaks in other Schengen countries like Germany, Spain and France by early next year.

So, my questions are,
    1). Do I have to provide my future journey list (Germany, Spain and France) to the Belgian embassy? If yes, does it include my stay details for future journeys?

2). If I have a valid Schengen visa, can I just plan my travel to a Schengen country on Friday afternoon and go there for the weekend?

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Nichelen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Generally your first Schengen visa will be for a defined period, the length of your proposed stay. You'd need to apply for another when you want to go again. Generally, if you're travelling often, you'll eventually get a longer term visa with multiple entries however if this is your first, chances are it will be single entry for a defined period.

To answer specifically:
    1) yes, if these countries are on your initial travel list. If you've a longer term multi entry visa then no, you only need to declare for your first trip

2) yes, pretty much bar any caveats above.

Advertisement