Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No choice but to home school for the Leaving Cert. Any advice?

Options
  • 31-10-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, due to a very, very, begrudgingly long story, I have no choice but to home school for my LC years.

My currently plan (that I'm still building on) is to study English, French, German, History, Geography, Maths, Biology and possibly Classical Studies (I'm still kind of on the fence with that) and to spend my time working as hard as possible with revision textbooks, exam papers, subject notes, studying with various online resources, and taking grinds classes.

If anyone has any advice for me, I'd greatly appreciate it - this whole situation has me tearing my hair out and I'm very nervous that I will crash and burn my LC and never go on to University.

Thanks in advance!

(Also I'm exempt from Irish because I'm an American student with very little comprehension of Irish.)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You will need to find a teacher to supervise your Research Project and Field study in History and Geography - do you have any connection with a school? Maybe a previously attended school?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭billy100

Get in contact with a local school , they should advise you in relation to tuition

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bushybrowed

spurious wrote: »
    You will need to find a teacher to supervise your Research Project and Field study in History and Geography - do you have any connection with a school? Maybe a previously attended school?

Unfortunately, I have no connection with a school and I haven't previously attended a school here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bushybrowed

billy100 wrote: »
    Get in contact with a local school , they should advise you in relation to tuition

Will try and do so, thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

contact local schools. you'll need a teacher to sign off and maybe supervise any project work.
    definitely in history and geography.

education.ie will have infor you need on doing LC as an external student.
    if you're only 5th year, it'll do next sept to contact sschool with regard to sitting exams in their school.
    if you're 6th year then do it when finding about about other item.

some grinds if you can afford it, can be a great help. they don't have to be every week for months on end. maybe just someone to give an hour when help needed.

good luck. LC as an external student is very doable with effort and study:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement