Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia Greenline

Options
  • 31-10-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭

Was thinking of getting a new Greenline next year.
    Skoda Ireland don't "offer" an Octavia Greenline model in Ireland, demand is too low.
    However they say a dealer may do one as a special order.
    It's the same on the road price as the 1.6TDi according to Skoda Ireland.
    Open issues for me, about which I would appreciate any opinions, are :
    1. How likely is it for a dealer to order one?
    2. Will it being a special order reduce my cash buyer bargaining ability?
    3. What's the difference between the GreenTec Octavia and the GreenLine?
    4. If any of the Greenline-specific parts break, will I be faced with a length delay to get them ordered in, or are they common across the VAG.
    5. Anyone out there with a Greenline/Bluemotion with positive/negative experience?
    6. Are the Greenline fuel consumption figures 3.2l/100km combined even more fabricated than the standard 1.6 TDi? (4.1l)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Id say add about 25% onto them consumption figures and thats provided your doing long trips. Tbh the blue motion/ greenline package is based around having a higher 5 th beer ratio, charging the battery of the when braking, stop start, gear shift indicator all that kind of stuff. Realistically I can't see enough of a benefit to warrant ordering one. You would probably get far more discount of a standard octavia. To give you a rough idea my parents have an octavia 11 reg so older model but exact same engine on a long trip driving it right your talking about 4.7-5.0 l/100km and I don't think the new one is a whole lot better so thats what your looking at. If your buying it genuinely thinking your going to get 3.1l/100km you'll be disappointed although from your op you seem to realise that these figure are exaggerated. What about a blue motion golf they should be easier to get and are equivalent to greenline.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I wouldn't bother buying one, get the standard car and the economy difference will be minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I assume there is a BIK/tax benefit with a lower emissions threshold than we need. Wouldn't go out of my way to get one tbh. There are probably some annoying measures taken to get the car to this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭josip

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I assume there is a BIK/tax benefit with a lower emissions threshold than we need. Wouldn't go out of my way to get one tbh. There are probably some annoying measures taken to get the car to this level.

Yep, no spare wheel, less sound proofing and different gear ratios. I'm starting to lean towards the green tec which has normal gear ratios but does have stop start and low resistance tyres. Kind of a half way house.

Bpmull wrote: »
    Id say add about 25% onto them consumption figures and thats provided your doing long trips. Tbh the blue motion/ greenline package is based around having a higher 5 th beer ratio, charging the battery of the when braking, stop start, gear shift indicator all that kind of stuff. Realistically I can't see enough of a benefit to warrant ordering one. You would probably get far more discount of a standard octavia. To give you a rough idea my parents have an octavia 11 reg so older model but exact same engine on a long trip driving it right your talking about 4.7-5.0 l/100km and I don't think the new one is a whole lot better so thats what your looking at. If your buyying it genuinely thinking your going to get 3.1l/100km you'll be disappointed although from your op you seem to realise that these figure are exaggerated. What about a blue motion golf they should be easier to get and are equivalent to greenline.

My days of a high beer ratio are long gone unfortunately :)
    I've got a 05 mark II Octavia and according to the computer get 5.1 combined and 4.7 on motorway driving. Pump calculations are about 10-15% higher.

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    My days of a high beer ratio are long gone unfortunately :)
    I've got a 05 mark II Octavia and according to the computer get 5.1 combined and 4.7 on motorway driving. Pump calculations are about 10-15% higher.

I meant gear only spotted that there :) definitely the newer one will be a bit better on diesel but your not looking at a huge amount it certainly wouldn't want to be the main reason behind changing your current octavia.

Bpmull wrote: »
    I meant gear only spotted that there :) definitely the newer one will be a bit better on diesel but your not looking at a huge amount it certainly wouldn't want to be the main reason behind changing your current octavia.

The current one doesn't have air con and now that we've kids it's a bit of an inconvenience, especially on the European drives.

Our plan was always to buy new, mind it for 10 years and then buy again.

The current one doesn't have air con and now that we've kids it's a bit of an inconvenience, especially on the European drives.

Ah ok. I know a guy who always buys new cars keeps them for 10 years and then buys new again. It's certainly a good way to do it and keeps depreciation to a low without having to take the risk of buying second hand cars. Best of luck with the search anyway.

Could I suggest pricing the 2 litre then? It's a much better car and in the real world the mpg is going to be in and around the same.

Could I suggest pricing the 2 litre then? It's a much better car and in the real world the mpg is going to be in and around the same.

Yep, I'd been considering that and trying to jutsify the extra power for "safer overtaking" and "aircon with no loss of power". :)
    My preference would be the 2.0l in GreenTec (stop-start, regenerative braking , but normal ratios and a spare wheel hopefully)

• Advertisement

Just buy a standard 2 litre, it will make little difference to real world economy.

Advertisement