Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

westendorf accomodation - all booked for my dates

Options
  • 31-10-2014 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭

I have flights to Westendorf in February for a short wed to Sunday... there is a gang of us going and a few are short on rooms (4).

Every email is coming back, "all booked, do u have other dates in mind?"...

Have i hit a snag, or am i safe to leave it much closer to time - wait for cancellations, or even fly over and pick something up in the tourist office?

Obv i WANT to be in the village, but it seems i cant get confirmation right now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Have you tried the SkiWelt website?
    http://www.skiwelt.at/en/wow-its-so-quick-simple-skiwelt-room-enquiry.html

My brother has gotten an apartment in Mayrhofen and St Anton villages through the info/tourist website the last couple of years.

Airbnb might also be worth a look, you mightn't find Westendorf but there are a good few around the SkiWelt area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Are you going during the mid-term week by any chance? That would be the week from 14-21 February. If this is the case you will have problems getting any partial weeks. It's hard to believe the entire town would be booked up other than for mid-term, although compared to many other places in the region it's quite small.

As mentioned above, try the tourist office - they will often circulate everyone in the area looking for availability. It sure beats you having to send 20 or 30 separate emails (once you track down the addresses).

Consider staying in a town up or down the valley and getting a taxi to Westendorf each day. It's not optimal, but it would work. There's a railway station, but it's not in the town and you would need a taxi to get to the lifts so getting a train from elsewhere isn't really an option. Alternatively, consider staying in a pension a little out of the town and walking in.

Westendorf is well linked, so consider Brixen or the road on the other side of the mountain near Kirchberg - the k-west lift is handy. I've just looked at the piste map and it looks like you can't get back up from Brixen on to the Westendorf side but I could have sworn there was a lift there. You can certainly ski down.

z

[edit] - yeah, I knew there was a lift up from Brixen - check out the one marked 11 in this map - http://www.bergfex.com/westendorf/panorama/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

You will get something, but not this far out. The owners will be holding on for a full weeks booking and only when this appears unlikely will they accept a half week. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until the week before you travel to be accepted.
    Something always turns up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Patience and great group leader payed off. Eventually the original hotel we wanted has promised to let us stay (Hooray for the Jakobirt, love the place).

There might some messing around with spare beds on the last day of the trip, but worth it not to switch hotels. The following week is a school break, and it starts on the Sunday I guess, so thast what caused the issue.

Advertisement