Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bars of soap

Options
  • 31-10-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

The bane of my life.

Are they really the germ infested dens of doom that I fear them to be? They really freak me out, lying there in a little dish beside the sink, maybe for months, eugh!! Any expert opinions? Or just expert AH opinions will do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

They clean themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

The bane of my life.

Are they really the germ infested dens of doom that I fear them to be? They really freak me out, lying there in a little dish beside the sink, maybe for months, eugh!! Any expert opinions? Or just expert AH opinions will do
    For months!?......how often do you shower!?......and yeah get shower gel!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You're using it do touch your germs and then leaving it on the sink. I doubt it's very clean tbh. It's like trying to dry something with a wet towel.

Can't remember the last time I used one. Bottles of soap all the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

The bane of my life.

wash your hands after using it and you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

When I moved into a student flat with a buddy, we used the same bar of soap in the shower for the first month or so.... until he told me he routinely used it to freshen up his ass crack. :(

(and no we weren't taking showers together)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Dove is great stuff, that one quarter moisturising cream makes all the difference!

Once a week with that Lifebuoy soap though, and it's like a chemical peel! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

That's life buoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

As long as it's just covered in your pubes, it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

If you're worried about the germs on a bar of soap you probably shouldn't even think about the germs on the door handle of the room it's in, or the laptop/tablet/phone you typed that on, or money (notes or coins) or most surfaces you touch. Germs are around you at every moment of the day, you can either live in fear & go around in a hazmat suit or just try to keep reasonably clean & with a healthy immune system you'll probably be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Do people still use bars of soap? They're just magnets for pubic hair to get caught in.

• Advertisement

The bar of soap in your bathroom is practically sterile when you compare it to the filth that we carry in our wallets and pockets. Notes and coins are hazardous materials.
    Just think about the change you get in the shop, some sweaty, hardly ever washed, flea infested person probably had that note or coin in their grubby pockets.
    It's cards only for me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

The bar of soap in your bathroom is practically sterile when you compare it to the filth that we carry in our wallets and pockets. Notes and coins are hazardous materials.
    Just think about the change you get in the shop, some sweaty, hardly ever washed, flea infested person probably had that note or coin in their grubby pockets.
    It's cards only for me lol.

Have you ever tried to wash yourself with a card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    Do people still use bars of soap? They're just magnets for pubic hair to get caught in.

I can honestly say I've probably been luckier than most in that I've never experienced pubes in my soap bar! :D

I rinse the soap after use though, I've also found it much easier on my face than shaving gels!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

I can honestly say I've probably been luckier than most in that I've never experienced pubes in my soap bar! :D

I rinse the soap after use though, I've also found it much easier on my face than shaving gels!

It's all grand when it's just your own soap One Eyed Jack..the problem comes into effect when it's shared, just don't share your bar you never know one pube could just get lodged:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It's grand if you're not sharing it. I like washing my hands with dove soap but would have a hand wash for guests to use.

A pub I used to frequent had a rotten looking cracked pink bar of soap in the ladies. No way would I touch that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

What about them bars of soap with the red/black label on them?! F*ck me they're c*nts.

Can't remeber the name of them but Admiral springs to mind for some reason.

They're beige coloured bars, with a f*cking red/black label stuck to them! WTF?!!

It's gross and the f*cking label lasts all the way down until the bar is just a shrivel Them, and pink lady apples that insist on a f*cking sticker stuck to each individual apple really f*cking erks my goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ruby37

Mint Aero wrote: »
    What about them bars of soap with the red/black label on them?! F*ck me they're c*nts.

Can't remeber the name of them but Admiral springs to mind for some reason.

They're beige coloured bars, with a f*cking red/black label stuck to them! WTF?!!

It's gross and the f*cking label lasts all the way down until the bar is just a shrivel Them, and pink lady apples that insist on a f*cking sticker stuck to each individual apple really f*cking erks my goat.

Imperial Leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Bloody hell lads, some of the people on this thread need to get a grip. You'll end up having to go around like this every day if you obsess about this stuff too much. Your immune system is probably a lot stronger than you give it credit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

That tiny strand of hair embedded in the soap. Just a regular hair .... or a stray pube?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The bane of my life.

Apparently it doesn't matter if they are or not, the germs don't transfer to your body to any meaningful extent according to a US gov body.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3402545

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Any expert opinions? Or just expert AH opinions will do

Don't ever pick them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Dont ever drop them in the shower.

Unless your not in prison, in which case it would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Bars of Soap are so 1980's, the sooner I can wash away them memories the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

People still use bars of soap?

Shower Gel / Hand Wash FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'd say a bar of soap is cleaner than a manky feces encrusted liquid soap pump dispenser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Bars of soap have their place, but there's nothing manky about soap dispensers, especially if they are the ones with the proximity sensors fitted. Indeed, soap-bars are very sanitary, if rinsed correctly after use.

We've been over this already quite recently, obviously the attempts by myself and others on here to enlighten and assist the great unwashed/partially-unwashed/refuse-to-wash out there are getting lost in the morass of filth and expectorant which is AH.

This is why we need a dedicated detergent forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm taking about regular pump bottles of liquid hand wash, aint nobody got time to wash them. At least bars of soap are self cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I'm taking about regular pump bottles of liquid hand wash, aint nobody got time to wash them. At least bars of soap are self cleaning.

I wash them! I also routinely clean my phone, door handles, laptop keyboard, etc. with disinfectent wipes. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go wash my hands again!

I like soap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jaysus some of ye would die in my gaff! I don't use s bar of soap but I use shower gel and liquid soap. Clean them after use? Ain't nobody got time for that!

Advertisement